Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if the ring and pinion is the same in a Dana 44 from a 88 C**** and a early bronco

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres a 4:11 gear set for a GM?? for sale on ebay and it ends soon.I'll take my chances,if they dont fit,i'll sell them.Thanks greg

·
Registered
143 Posts
As far as the gears are for a front end they will fit. The only difference in dana diff's is the dana 60's there are some fords that use the dana 60 high pinion.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 83 ranger with a 69 302,T-18,205 T-case,9in,and a Dana44.The 9in has 4:11 and the 44 has 3:50 so i need a set of 4:11.Maybe i'll win the bid

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just my curiousity running wild here does the fact that the ford is reverse rotation mean that the gm or chevy one will not work???,or our the ring and pinion the same also when I replaced my 3.55 gears in my dana 44 F150 front end had to purchase a new case for the thicker ring gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Early bronco is standard rotation, low pinion Dana 44. The high pinion Dana44(found after 77) is reverse rotation, and has to have the revrse cut gears. The cut off on carrier size is 3.91's and up need 4 series carrier, so if you're changing from 3.50's you need to drop 50 more bucks and get a different carrier, you can use the same spider gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts