Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My items for sale page

I thought you might be interrested to see how, what, and when I did my auctions. These are just half of what will be for auction tomorrow night. I priceed them low enough to get peoples interest and a reasonable "buy it now" price. I decribed each part as much as I could and gave the reason for selling them. I also listed them at the time of night when most people are at home and still awake from east coast to west coast so I have the most exposure to as many people possible at auction end. I will put my SCJ heads and roller cam stuff on tomorrow night along with some '87-'93 Mustang stuff like power mirrors, electric window motor assemblies, interior pieces, etc.. and will start that stuff at a dollar and put a reasonable "buy it now" price. Good pictures and many pictures(only $.15 each after the first free one per ad) along with a thorough description helps these things sell for more. I made the mistake and listed my 4500 stall C-4 conver as C-4 and not c 4 and c4. When people search for specific things, they type in "c 4" or "C-4" or "c4" for instance but rarely do all 3 so they don't get to see all the actual C-4 stuff on e-bay. Item name is perhaps the most important place to get exposed to many people. I eliminated a possible 2/3rds of potential buyers by not putting all 3 C4s in my item listing name. My Total Seal gapless race rings I put "302 351 327 350 400" as part of my header so now the small block Chevy boyz will get to see my rings as they fit their engines too. I hope you have fun selling on e-bay and make some money too. I hope I helped you some too.

OOPS! I forgot to put in the URL. All fixed now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 89 coupe on 1/15/02 12:45pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry, it gets a lot easier once you finally get the system figured out. Be sure to check the box "save preferances" in the big item description page so you don't have to keep checking the same boxes for each item you list. You can also go in and edit your listing where it says "revise item" just above the description on the actual auction page for each item. "'70 Falcon '70 Maverick sport mirrors"

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just added more this evening and maybe more Wed evening which will probably be '87-'93 Mustang stuff. I have recieves a bunch of e-mails asking questions about my stuff on e-bay and they just keep coming in. I can't keep up. That's why I'm up so late right now. Hopefully I just finished the last e-mail from e-bay for the night. I'm tired!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When are you going to put more items up for bid?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think I will wait until the mirrors are done with to see how the auction goes. I havent finished cleaning the basement and garage yet either. There is alot of Cougar stuff to go thru and sort things out. I have my pile of stuff, then extras, but we moved into a bigger (yet no room for my parts) house, and packing the parts just got out of hand. So I will more than likely have a list and put 20 or so on next week.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually the last day before your auction ends is when the action is. That's how it's been with me and I always wait until auction is almost over in a few minutes before I bid on stuff too. Patience young Skywalker... Patience.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEY! Go to sleep! I can't stop unless you stop first. Then I can stop and go to sleep. What are you doing up so late anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about tonight?

I'll be up late from adding more stuff to e-bay. I added a bunch of '87-'93 Mustang stuff last night along with my '70 SCJ heads and will add the bigger items like 2 pairs of fenders, a pair of doors, and other stuff. I got 34 items on there now and more tonight! See ya!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I laughed my ass off but then I came up with an idea of being a perfect gentleman in her posts and seem very mature and gentleman like. Wouldn't that be funny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts