Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A PAIR OF NEW IN THE BOX IRON DART BARE HEADS
THE HEADS ARE THE ORIGINAL DART HEAD THAT CAME OUT
10-12 YRS AGO. I'M DEBATING WHETHER TO USE THESE, I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT HEADERS ARE A NIGHTMARE AND PLUG ACCESS IS NON-EXISITENT.
HEADS ARE SET UP FOR 2.02, 1.60 VALVES AND 7/16 STUDS
ARE THEY WORTH THE EFFORT OR OR SHOULD I START SAVING UP FOR LATER MODEL ALIMINUM?
HEADS WILL BE USED ON A 306 OR POSSIBLY A 331 LATER.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHAT HEADERS ARE YOU USING ON THESR HEADS??
I HAVE 2 FRIENDS THAT HAVE HAD THESE HEADS ON 351
IN A 64 FALCON SPRINT 4SPD CAR AND 72 MAVERICK
WITH A 302 WITH SHOCK TOWER CUT BACK. BOTH HAVE REMOVED HEADS AND CHANGED TO AFR'S. I KNOW PART OF THIS IS PERFORMANCE GAINS, BUT BOTH CARS HAD TO HAVE HEADERS UNBOLTED FOR PLUG CHANGE AND BOTH HAD PROBLEMS GETTING HEADERS TO FIT PROPERLY.

SINCE HEADS ARE PAID FOR BELIEVE ME I WOULD RATHER USE WHAT I'VE GOT!!!!

ALL HELP AND INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
HEY Hey Brando,
If you are talking about iron windsor Jrs, I 've been running them since '96. They co-exist w/ TRY-Ys in a '65 Mustang quite happily. Although, I did switch to locking small headed hex header bolts to free up some knuckle bust'in room. Also, the plug entry room for # 5 is so tight, I had to massage the header pipe, if you get my drift. Otherwise, they work fine. Personnaly, my next heads will be canfields.
Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i have Hedman Husslers on my car with the windsor sr heads and have never had any problem with plug fit etc etc... if yah cant get the plugs out then the header is a pos in my opinion. I have even had a really cheap set of headers on the car Blackjack) and didnt have any problem. IF any clearance issue should arise then just split the flange or take your dremel and remove the material after a test fit to the head USE EM !!! I love mine and wiht some porting they kicked butt on the flow bench over any aluminum besides the super high dollar ones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts