Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster with and easy question (embarassingly so, I'm sure). I'm needing to do some restoration on my 67 Fairlane gauge cluster bezel but I'm having a little trouble getting it off. I've taken off a fair share of bezels before, but this one is a little more tricky. I've taken out all of the screws , and the radior knobs, but the bezel doesn't want to come out. From a brief exam, I'm thinking that I need to remove two small nuts around the "poles" of the radio. Correct? Is there anything else I need to do to safely remove it? Through hard experience in the past, I know what a little pressure can do to plastic this old, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the top pad doesn't need to come off with it just the project i was doing at the time.Didnt wanna confuse ya

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a follow-up question, from the above pics, it looks like the gauges come out with the bezel as well. Is the case or are the gauges removed separately from the bezel. I've messed with Mustangs and Trans Ams in the past (as far as taking apart a dash) and the gauges were a separate piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts