Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a dash pad for my 63 and I see where Auto Krafters has one for $349 plus you have to buy the clips. Dearborn has 2 of them one for $399 and an upgrade for $379 both of which include the clips. Anyone had any experience with any of these pads? Kinda odd that an upgrade is $20 cheaper. Also has anyone tried the dash covers and what did they think? Dearborn has a 10% off that ends today, Jan 14th,for interior stuff

·
Registered
345 Posts
Did you call to ask who the manufacturer is? I would lay odds they they both buy from the same place.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point Deep Roots, a guy has nothing to lose by taking it off and painting. Could always buy one later and put on if he didn't like it.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
My '63 dash had a pad, and now it doesn't. :)

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Good point Deep Roots, a guy has nothing to lose by taking it off and painting. Could always buy one later and put on if he didn't like it.
Though if you are rough with it you will lose the option of installing a dash cap over it for ~$100. If you were thinking of going that way.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I hate the fit and feel of the ABS dash covers, at least as related to a 1969, unfortunatly thats the only option for a 69. I am doing somthing custom to ours since there are no better options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts