Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to win the Daytona 500?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Prob. Jeff Gordon.
Winning little prick. Opps, whining little prick.

·
Registered
521 Posts
me

i got new daytona's on my maverick... WATCH OUT YO

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope not Jeff Gordon again or the other whiner Tony Stewart. NASCAR has already made sure that a Ford doesn't win with their unfair rules.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Would love to see Bill Elliot win,BUT it will probably be Little E, or another from the DEI stable.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hell the cars are all the same so you have to go with Gordon, I don't realy care for him but the last ten laps his balls seem to get bigger then the rest of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well the way nascar has rules setup you can bet it wont be a ford-they kept rusty an the 28 car down ther about 10 days ago after practice-fords where 5/10 th of a second slower than the chevys-cut a 1/4'' off of spoiler they gained 2/10s cut another 1/4'' they gained 1/10-they have allowed them the 1/4'' on spoilers-so in all reality a dont see a ford be a factor at all-but thats ok they will changes the rules after the biggest an most watched races of the yr-just as londg as gm has the upper hand at daytona
hell they took a 1/4'' off there spoiler after last fall talledaga race-go figure that junior was by far the most superior car an they give them another 1/4-guess there were not enough of them in the top 10?
so my pic would be junior-if he stays out of trouble-an he will probably be in the front-therfore safe pick-the dodges will be a factoe so i am hoping for elliott

·
Registered
170 Posts
Elliott hasn't been the same since big E came across the grass to stay in front 10 years ago. Bill doesn't have it anymore, other cars get close and he back pedals. I wish Nascar would get real and start running stuff closer to what we can buy. I've never seen a 2 door Taurus, have you. Lets run REAL cars not 70's motors in 2000 cars, lets also open it up to all car makes. In the real world the Monte SS wants no part of a Maxima cause it will get it's ass kicked, and yes I've been there and done that, with 4 doors.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I agree with the "stock" car thing. There's no "production" car left in stock car. That was the whole purpose of stock car racing. It was making a race car out of a prodution vehicle. Nascar would not have to make rule changes to make it "fair", If you have a crappy production car body, thats your problem. And yes, I'd like to see them race a 4 door taurus.
With all my gripes I still like watching.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I watch too and I root for the Fords but it has gotten away from what made it popular. We would all have better production cars if they had to race some form of the cars that we purchase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
interesting this whole bs started when nascar let gm-of couarse-run those downsized buicks an pontaics of the early 80s that were front wheel drive-all nascar vechlies were to have been rear wheel drive cars so thats where we are today-maybe an underdog can win-go PATROITS plus there will be no big e blocking this year

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you guy's are right about the closer to what they are supposed to represent thing. Lets face it , NASCAR is not the only thing that is out of control, check out some of these fastest street car shootouts. Sure some of these cars are bad a$$ but where has the street gone? I say NASCAR should change it's name, there is no stock in todays racing. The national street car association might as well do the same, I have yet to see one of the top ten fastest cars actually out and about cruising. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bring 'em on. I'm ready for some racing. Been too long without a race.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They do still have "stock" car racing...it's called IROC, but the races are too short and there's not enough cars on the track. If they went back to the way NASCAR was there'd be a whole track full of Crown Victorias and nothing else.

Hope Gorden wrecks on the pace lap

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wont be the same without #3, he was the best and even though he drove for the other guys I miss not having him out there. He was a pure racer, the last of the breed.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like the additional 1/4" (1/2" total) spoiler change didn't make a differance for the Fords. Chevy's win both twin 125's. Gordon in heat 1 and Waltrip in heat 2. Go figure.
Do you think the Chevy teams will stop crying now?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts