Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of sugestions if you guys don't mind before writing the next set of articles.

Is it possible to do a cost placement on the build up? Mostly the short block and the machine work, as I know you guys are reusing a majority of the upper end.

If you guys dyno this engine,(I'm pretty sure you will) is it possible to do a intake swap with your Vic jr and your Stealth for power output?

Thanks, I'm headed in the same direction with my 302 and your article will answer alot of my questions.

James

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
James,
Yeah we'll give you a cost estimate. It is hard to do since we are reusing even a lot of the short block components, but we'll try to tabulate it.

At this point I am pretty sure we'll only be running the vic jr, but we'll take your consideration when we get to the dyno.

thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I second that , would like to see what difference between the dual plane and single. Victor Junior requires hood clearence. Be nice if the dyno loading started at 2000 instead of the usual 3000.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, most people that "step-up" to a stroker motor tend to do it just like you guys are doing, myself included.

A parts tabulation helps 'cause I'm gonna need a new block next time around. I'm starting to wonder if a short block might be a cost consideration with the machine work to a new block.

I remember you guys talking 'bout using a stealth on this motor in the past. I've had mine still making power over 7000 on a 302 so I was curious to see if it would live to 6500 on a 331. Michigan mornings are a bitch with a single plane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts