Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I ordered a padded dash from Dearborn this winter and installed it this spring. I fit absolutely perfectly with no alternations and I was more than pleased. This week I saw a place next to the windshield at the gauge panel that is starting to come up and wrinkle. It hasn't been installed for a month yet. I sent an E-Mail to Dearborn and asked them what my options were since this is going on a semi-show car. I'll let you know what their answer is when I get it. Has anyone else had a problem with dash pads. I've spent a lot of money with them and hopefully they'll remedy the situation. Jim

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
3 month back order.. ugh... I emailed them last week to see what the turn around time is for seat covers for my 66 galaxie and they havent gotten back to me I want to do mine in august and was planning on ordering them in July guess I should order sooner..

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Jim, sorry you had/have a dash problem. I too have a prob. with my padded dash from AutoKrafters for my 64 Gal. I did not install for about a year. Then I did and car was in my basement garage for 8 or 9 months after install. One day, I noticed a large pucker at the drivers side defrost vent opening. Pad had pulled back or shrunk and stuck up about 1/2 inch and about 3 inches wide. Well, I dug around and found the paper work from the mfg. and by this time another 6 months had passed. So I called them and explained all that I could about the situation and they said nothing could be done due to time that had elapsed. More arguing got me nowhere. So, I'll have to find mfg's name again. They probably produce for the aftermarket. I should have flushed 340 bucks down the toilet. Any way, I'm going to replace mine with a non padded dash. Lots of work but I'm not having that crappy mess, as I got way too much invested in this car. Good luck. PS, I even built a roll around stand to work on the dash with, and I didn't botch the install. Don

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ragan64,
I bought mine in the middle of December 2011 and just installed it last month. The pucker is funny shaped. It looks like someone took 4 fingers and dug into the dash. It's away from a vent opening or anything. Right up from the window trim. I hope since it's not been 6 months they'll make it good. Jim

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
3 month back order.. ugh... I emailed them last week to see what the turn around time is for seat covers for my 66 galaxie and they havent gotten back to me I want to do mine in august and was planning on ordering them in July guess I should order sooner..
Got a notice that my covers have been shipped, so the delay was a little under two months.

I'd like to get them on in time for the Wildwood, NJ, old car show on the boardwalk May 10/13.

But, this week's weather looks cool and rainy. Also, I need to check with my installer's schedule, and I'd like to take it a bit slow so I can fix some other interior stuff while the seats are out..

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,
Holly, from Echler's sent an e-mail and I'm sending the padded dash back to exchange or refund. Hopefully they have more in stock and it's better constructed than the last. She said it had a year warranty on it. Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts