Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a post on a Ranger site that rumored that 2008 was to be the last year for the Ranger?

Currently the best Ranger resource (www.therangerstation.com) has been hi-jacked, therfore there is very little information on there about anything.

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this???

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
now why would ford do that

The Ford Ranger continued to build on a very successful 2006 with September sales up 134.9 per cent over last year.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Because the Ranger is a huge segment of their fleet truck sales, its the last of the truly compact pickups. Sounds like crap to me.

Any truck that can go over 10 years without a signifigant change and still increase sales is not the kinda vehicle Fords gonna dump.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
but Ford has already lost SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS this year alone and need to restructure even more to quell more losses fir bext year so they can compete with the japanese...

Something has to go.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cause Ford is stupid, getting rid of the Taurus and Crown Victoria for the newer Fusion and Five Hundred. In my opinoin, if Ford would try to not charge out the A$$ for a vehicle that is not worth it in my opinion. If Ford would at least try to market to the younger crowd, all they have now are cars for the older crowd, except the Mustang.
If Ford would start building engines with a little more power, the Z-06(sorry) will absolutely spank the Shelby, I know 7.0 N.A. vs 5.4 S.C., even the c-6 will too, that is pathetic.
Now they are phasing out the Ranger, Ford is stupid.
In my opinion, front wheel drive sucks, I have no idea why they are phazing out the Crown Victoria.
Oh yeah, the Mustangs ride too high, 6.0 liters suck- Ford has had nothing but problems, F150's vibrate too much, in my opinion the cars are getting uglier and uglier.
Hey, here's a thought, how about testing the products for longer before putting them in service?
Give me some of the products to drive, i'd find all the weak spots!
The 6.4L diesel, give me one, I'll drive the dog crap out of it and see if I can find the problems before it comes into production.
Ford gives the designers and engineers the cars for them to drive, that's not real life. Give the vehicles to 20-30 year olds, we'll find the flaws. If Ford spent the time to test their products instead of releasing them as soon as possible, I don't think they would have to spend so much money on warranty repairs.
That is my opinion, for what it is worth, Chris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts