Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say the death sentence is kick ass!

If I were President I would make it law to bring it back to all the states as soon as possible!

I saw a report once on tv that said it costs like $50,000 a year to keep these "boneheads" locked up in prisons.

Thats good money that could be going for something more productive like schools or job training programs.

Im sorry if I offend anyone by my views in this, but its a very touchy subject with me.

Im not saying "fry" everybody,just the guys that are super freaks and desevre it.

What your view,I want to see how you guys think?

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it is glearingly obvious that you are guilty, then I agree with the death sentence.
Those who stuff kids around, definately HANG EM.
Also, Life should mean exactly that and make them WORK for their keep in prison. Over here life is 25 years and you can get out earlier on parole. There was a lady who killed 3 of her kids, she got 5 years inprisonment!!!! That Sucks!!! A guy stole a painting from the art gallery, he got 15 years!! I ask you..............where the hell is the justice system at???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sonny on 12/28/01 1:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The death penalty is definately cheaper!

I know a guy that is doing "life without the chance of parole."

He has done close to 20 years now and is getting kinda bummed about it.

Life with a chance of parole here in Illinois only amounts to about 7-10 hard years.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Sonny I agree with you,I only say its good for the "seriuos offenders",I wouldnt want it for lesser crimes?

I do think life without parole is kinda a waste of money?

If your going to be in prison the rest of your life,wouldnt you rather be dead?

Maybe not,but I think I would?

I remember the Jeff Dahmer case real well,he did his murders only about a 10 minute ride from where I live.

He ended up with life without parole,but was killed by another inmate while in prison.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The death sentence should be done on violent offenders who get life, and child stalkers. I baby sat Micheal Dunahee when I lived in Victoria, very sad day. Catch the bastard and fry him.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Actually, the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison on the average. I think that the way our system is set up we are pretty good to go. Since we are a democracy, we vote on everything, if a states citizens want the DP then they can vote for it, and get it administerde in their states. I think it is a GREAT THING dont get me wrong, I just think that the way it is now is fine. Lemme know if you need me to explain myself better, as I am SLEEPY

Jeff Given

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I woud like to see the death penalty, save some resources. I dont see how it can be more expensive to kill someone than to feed them in jail for 20+ years. They should have death by firing squad. The price would be only a few bullets worth. Habbitual violent offenders, habbitual sexual offenders, murderers should all be shot. If they were in jail, and as soon as they got out of jail they are back to their old ****, kill 'em. I'll bet that would cut down the crime rate quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Death penalty although is a good solution, it is too quick.
I kinda like to see those who commit serious crimes stay in confinement till the day they die, living on bread and water with no tv or books or any other luxuries.
I like to see them suffer.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I think both are pretty weak.

We're led to believe that laws in western society are based on secular reasoning as opposed to being rooted in religious fundamentals. Thus we cannot have "cruel and unusual punishment", nor should we as a society seek vengeance, etc.

It's a crock of ****, and that is why we continue to breed the most hideous crimes and criminals in the whole world... what do they have to fear if they commit murder, rape, or assualt? An absurdly long trial process, 30 years in a cush prision with three square meals a day --something most criminals never had anyway.

If we are going to have a death penalty, none of this Green Mile bullshit where you sit in a cushy private cell on death row for 20 years before they debate, appeal, and appeal again your execution day.

The most effective deterent would be a "non-specified" execution date. From the day you are convicted and given a death sentance, the clock begins.... you can die today, you may die next year. And who decides this date? The victim and/or his/her family.

Secondly, as a society we must show leniancy towards survivor/victim vigilanteism.

If you rape a child and that childs father finds you and busts a Eaton alumunim bat over your head...that is NOT
the same as a someone who does the same unwarranted. In fact, let society decide if that is even punishable.

anyway, i'm rambling...it's been a while since I exercised my Philosophy minor, LOL!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Kill 'em all. Always felt that way. If a couple of innocents slip thru the ropes on the way, well, ooops. Sorry, wrong place at the wrong time........
Total waste of money. Try 'em, and Fry 'em. NEXT..................

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dyno Tom , I agree 100%, some say that alot of innocent people would would die, news flash people , they are already, the tides have changed, liberals have changed things

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hang em, fry em, shoot em, off with their heads!!! Definately for it. I think they ought to bring back public executions. Maybe if people saw what the punishment was, they'd think twice.
Some say that an execution is cruel and in humane. So what? What the hell do they think their victims went through? Their punishment is alot more humane than what their victims went through.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i'm for the death penalty. why should i have to pay to support some scum of the earth for the rest of his life?

·
Subscriber
173 Posts
On 2001-12-28 03:09, Brian M wrote:
I dont see how it can be more expensive to kill someone than to feed them in jail for 20+ years.
The appeal process increases costs. Whether the death penalty is a crime deterrant is debatable. In this country, the death penalty is reserved for the poor and minorities. Apparently, certain people are more equal than others.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Death Freaking Penalty.

To violent crimes that are not based on a revenge. Meaning, if your sister is raped and you kill the offending mofo, because the justice system is a crock, then no death penalty for you, however you should serve time, but not in the same place that repeat violent offenders are housed. If the justice system works then without a doubt, kill the rapist.

As far as white collar crimes are concerned, on a whole they are just as dangerous as violent offenders... because they can destroy a financial life of those who are attacked. Case in point, Charles Keating and the S & L scandal. He caused numerous elders in the community to give up entire life savings to fund his scheme. The t.v. did not lie when it showed angry 80 year old men and women crying for blood and shaking fists. Some had to even be restrained by a baliff in the court. To have punishment fit the crime, Keating should be imprisoned, as he was, but his secretary and gourmet meals should not have been allowed. Rather, he should serve his time in prison and then face bankruptcy, siezure of all physical and liquid assets and forced to work at a minimum wage job for 5 years for every person scammed. Make it illegal for him to accept any monetary gifts from family or friends and have to report every day to a probation and financial CPA until his "community service" has then been filled.

Any of the above with gifts and siezed assets should be doled out to the affected parties until his probation ends.

I know that this is not directly in reference to the death penalty, but it would be a fitting way to enact financial death.

As for repeat petty offenders... why do we allow people to return to the streets after they have acquired a rap sheet a mile long? I have no sensible answer or just answer on how to deal with them, as they most likely they would be removed from the face of the earth if I was king.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts