Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first of many, actually, that will come in 2012.

When I purchased my 66, the guy threw in a 65 2 door hardtop that was a "parts" car. It's a complete car, including engine, but was purchased for very little and primarily, the back bumper.

First question... this is the correct bumper, right?

Other than maybe a soon to be missing rear bumper, this car is complete as far as I could tell. 352 engine, three on the tree. The windshield is toast, but the rest of the glass is good. Body- rusty rear quarterpanels, a few dents, but I think it's fixable.

And there's the issue- what do I do with this thing? I barely have room (in my father's shop) for my 66, and really have no place for the 65 (it's not home yet, final exams really messed with my play time). Do I drag the thing home and try to sell it or would I be better off hauling straight to the iron buyer?

I really hate to scrap it, I mean, how many 65 Galaxies exist anymore? It looks like a fixable car, but looks are often times deceiving.

No, I do not have any pictures of it and it's currently near a fence 60 miles away.

Thanks for any input. I hope to get to get it fetched one of these days and really need a plan for what to do with it- the important thing is to turn it into cash, whichever way possible.

And since I mentioned 2012 would be a year of decisions:
- where to start on the 66?
- repaint the truck as planned prior to the Galaxie?
- where I want to move following graduation in May
- what kind of career I think I want to pursue

Note the important ones are at the top of the list ;)

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Part it out on ebay. It is a lot of work but between that and selling the heavy stuff on Craigslist you might net a grand or so.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The first of many, actually, that will come in 2012.

And since I mentioned 2012 would be a year of decisions:
- where to start on the 66?
- repaint the truck as planned prior to the Galaxie?
- where I want to move following graduation in May
- what kind of career I think I want to pursue
Get your living situation n job under control before starting on the car. You don't want to have to move a pile a parts around on top of a rolling chassis. Also when u move u will know what type of work space u have. N everything costs money.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
Take only the parts you need.
A 65 3 on the tree 352 Galaxie is not a common site. Sell it semi-whole to someone that wants to restore it.

That way you got a few bucks and the world get's to enjoy an old ford a while longer.

Besides, that clutch quadrant assy under the dash is worth almost $300 bucks with all the parts down to the clutch fork. There is a LOT on that car people ask for weekly around here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is in Dad's shop, it won't go if/when I move, unless it's painted and I have a garage to store it in. It'd be nearly impossible, but if money falls right (sell the 65 and motorcycle, tax return), with only one class this coming semester and working full time, I think I could get the car painted in time for graduation in May. I'm not sure how I could explain that to my truck (she's still upset I drove Dad's 76 to my high school graduation)

Thanks FE, I didn't know about the clutch quadrant. I'm also all about there being as many old Fords around as possible. Old Fords, new Fords, the more the merrier!

At this point, I need to spend some $$ on the car just to get the ball rolling. I'd like to turn the 65 into cash so I could apply it towards the 66.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts