Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could'nt get the f-in carb to idle or adjust right. Was also weeping gas on back of manifold. Took the darn thing apart to inspect. Well low and behold the secondary metering block was damaged from the factory. The sealing ridge is missing a big chunk. The bowls on both sides were loose, the vacumm pod had a screw which was never even tightened at all, and the baseplate screws were all loose as well. Would'nt it had been fun to have one vibrate loose and fall into my motor at 6000 rpm! Back to saga.
Was looking at the linkage and butterflies in the bore. The G.D. things on the primary are misaligned and wont even close far enough to adjust the idle. They hang up in the bores. WOW, what a piece of chit! Will be returning tommarrow for a replacement to Jegs. What the world? They charge out the Ying Yang for their junk and these are typical results. Seems to be the norm for BG. BTW their tech support stinks. When I initially recieved it had no provision for the kickdown return. They sent me a 3 cent big ass spring to fab something up. What a joke. Lately their a bunch of bozos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brotherdon on 7/10/06 9:12am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brotherdon on 7/10/06 9:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Mike Ross (A pro carb guy) told me that any carb you buy should be fully inspected prior to install. (torn down)

I guess in your case he was right.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Man oh man can I tell you about Demons. Check the Stroker Engines forum under "331dog" for my tale of woe. Cutting to the chase: my problems went away as soon as I raplaced the Demon with an Edelbrock. Even my engine builder couldn't get the Demon to respond.

·
Registered
64 Posts
BG Silver Claw 750 never could get it to idle and/or pull away from a stoplight w/o a slight hesitation. Great dyno #'s tho.
Uhh, sold it on Ebay.......

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the same bad luck with a Demon also. Pissed gass all over the manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts