Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please
I was looking at the Derale 16918 for my 67 302 mustang but I'm worried about clearance between the water pump pulley and the fan motor
I have read of a lot people using Derale 16926 on 65/66 cars

Is there a Derale electric fan with shroud that would fit my 67 radiator. Any help would be appreciated
Many Thnaks
Al

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ALAN6773 on 6/24/06 11:01pm ]</font>

·
Registered
343 Posts
The biggest thing is just take a tape measure and measure the clearance as accurately as you can. You can get teh specs on height, width, depth, CFM, everything from Derale's website unless they have changed it since I last looked.

I used the 926 on my 66 mustang because it was the only fan I could find that would clear the mechanical water pump with a 4 core radiator.

Those fans are much thinner than anything else you can find to move the same CFM. Just make sure your electrical system can handle it. When I first bought my fan, I tested it across my battery before I took the time to get everything mounted and it nearly lifted itself off the ground a little bit it was moving so much air, just insane CFM on those things. I think it was pulled almost 30 amps are full on with mine, they will put a drain on your alternator if you haven't upgraded it already.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
MJ is right on. The derale comes with a shroud/fan combo and it works great. I have about 1" of clearance after its on. As said, make sure your Alt is up to snuff (65+ amps) or you'll burn it out as the fan draws 25+ amps on start up.
Works awesome and keeps my "little" 306 cool at 190 all day long.
And its an easy install... make sure to get the adjustable temp control... I found it to be a much better controller than the rad probes.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've got the Derale, and a Summit aluminum radiator, and juuuuust enough clearance to change the water pump belt, if I tug on it.

Should be lots more with a stock radiator.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help
Has anyone used the Derale 16918 it draws less current and moves more cfm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts