Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL

Can someone design me a cage for my truck
I know its going to be a toughie... as its a full 4 door truck (in signature) and I want to be able to use the back seat and the doors too. Now the back seats are not as wide as orginal. they ae out of an 89 Volvo so there is room to run something beside the back seat (like a down bar or something). Just want something that well make it safer. As I drive fast and I was the one that replaced the front frame (I did the welding and I'm no pro.. couldn't aford to have someone do it).
Any idea's would be appreacited. I can get mesurments.
Thanks

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
I have done a few 4 door trucks(off roaders). I build a main hoop that is either right behind the rear seat, or right next to it. I then build the braces running back so they follow the roof line and tie into the frame behind the rear seat. I don't have anything over the drivers head as it is very tight with the dash and steering column in the way. You will have rollover protection right over your head which is the most important part of the cage. I would actually call it half a cage.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi F-15
don't quite understand what you said is this what you are talking about.

Thanks
tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.