Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I was replacing the big bushing on my strut bars. Passager side was no problem but the driver side one is strip. I guess original owner had it done before and they used an impact gun to put it on. So now I need another one. I am hoping someone who reads this had an extra one or knows where I can get one other than driving around to all the wrecking yards on a search. But if I have to well would also like to know what other makes and models have the same bar. Thanks. I live in Los Angeles so if close I can drive over and pick it up. otherwise shipping is kewl.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
John,
I think you're gonna have to junkyard that one. Doesn't seem to be something that people keep around unless they got a parts car. You should be able to find on of those on your first stop. You know, the usual cars....72-79 Ranchero, 72-76 Torino, Wagons, Montegos etc. Your best bet down there is to find a late 70's Ranchero. I bet there's one in every Pick N Pull.

BTW... Hey, what are the stats on your new blue fastback?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikelonis on 3/3/06 1:46pm ]</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car was bought because it was advertized as a 72 and I needed parts for the other one. When I got out there I saw it wasn't but the price was right. It drove on a dead cam but the engine had been rebuilt. It is all stock 351 4V with a stock C6. When I got it home I notice it had duel exhaust and a rear sway bar so I decided to keep it. The inside sucks but the stock gauges work. Engine was not broken in right so it ate the cam. So I need to remove the engine and clean it out. I do not know what metal parts that cam left inside it. I am thinking of taking out the trans as well and at least clean it up and reseal it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just got a 4 door, was hit in the front, but I don't know if those bars are ok.
Look in the http://groups.msn.com/TheFordTorinoClub/eliteman76.msnw?Page=6
those are a couple photos I have of her. Any 72-76 torino should work, I am a pack rat and save about anythign I can, wth should I toss small stuff if I might have a need. I need to stop buying parts cars and finish my '72 sport!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for all the info. I got them today at a yard. Heck I even found the fender I needed for awhile. Also on the plus side I got new like rubber bumpers and a gas cable. Next its time to replace a few other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts