Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with either Tractech’s "Detroit Gearless Locker" or "Detroit E-Z Locker"? I noticed both are pretty cheap ($285 and $220 for Ford 9"), so I am considering getting one for my '63 Falcon Ranchero. If anyone can give a quick review of the one they have (or had), I would appreciate it.

- Paul
'63 Ranchero - 302 V8, 5 speed tranny
'88 Mustang - 302 V8, 5 speed tranny

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I'm also interrested. Where did you find them for that price?

·
Registered
81 Posts
GROUP PURCHASE !!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO !!!

Quick question on terms for a sec,
Lockers = Posi?
or are these the type of lockers off-roaders use?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CougarKid on 12/22/01 1:53pm ]</font>

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those prices are from www.nationaldrivetrain.com

http://nationaldrivetrain.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page48.html

http://nationaldrivetrain.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/locking%20differential,e-z%20locker,posi

I found a few online reviews of the gearless locker, but they were from 4x4 people so I was hoping to hear from someone who used theirs for occasional drag racing. However, if does a good job of helping traction going up the side of a mountain, I would think it would do a good job anywhere.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am running the E-Z locker in my 70 Torino, been in there for about 2 1/2 years and 25k miles. sounds like hte detroit when you go around a corner, Its just as good as any other posi unit I have had, no complaints here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed a Powertrax limited slip. The one for $400 that is a locker but it is really smooth. You can't hear it go in and out like a Detroit Locker. You don't know it is there unless you shift into second in a turn while accelerating briskly then it hits hard and you get sideways!!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts