Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an NOS optional rear window screen for a station wagon. The box it was in disintegrated. All it had left was 1962-63. I was told it was for a MOPAR but the size is wrong. It is approx 45 1/2" wide and is for curved glass. Are Ford tailgate glass curved? I found one for a Chevy under "station wagon screen" on Ebay for $950 that looks very similar but my upper corners are more rounded. Did Ford offer these as an option, if so, might this be for a Ford?
Thanks for your help to ID this peice.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I've seen some that were like a partition that you used like a privacy screen so you could sleep in the back part of the wagon...not sure about the rear window tho. Are there any markings on it..like a manufacturer?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like Ford, GM, and Chrysler offered a very similar screen probably all from the same company. Now I will have to go to a station wagon convention and go tailgate to tailgate. Haven't been to Carlisle in six years and that was for a MOPAR event just after I bought my Plymouth wagon but they might have lots of 60s wagons there.
Oh well, to all,
A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts