Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes, you made a good trade. Looks great, just make sure the steering and brakes are safe before you start driving it. Dual master cylinder and front disc would be a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
Looks pretty clean to me

·
Registered
684 Posts
Will SOMEONE please tell me what's NOT safe about a NON dual Bowl Master cylinder????????????????????????????????

My falcon has uses one for 50+ years without any problems...
Really? You need to ask. I would not use one on a daily driver when you can have a safer system. There is a reason why it was changed in 1967. I suppose you still have front drum brakes no seatbelts and bias ply tires. Why not improve the safety when it is so easy to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea definitely changing the master cylinder first. Im sure it would be ok to keep but I just don't like the idea of blowing a break line and not at least having some brakes to slow down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you guys recommend me a place to get a front disc conversion kit. I don't want to spend a ton but i dont want junk either. What about a brake booster and master cylinder kit im not really into not having power brakes.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Can you guys recommend me a place to get a front disc conversion kit. I don't want to spend a ton but i dont want junk either. What about a brake booster and master cylinder kit im not really into not having power brakes.
I would give Dan a call at CHOCKOSTANG.COM or CSRP. I would try and use the Factory style Kelsey Hayes disc brakes with the Raybestos 36440 master cylinder and an adjustable proportioning valve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts