Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my car is a 64 galaxie 500 with an fe. i originally had a open 3.50 28 spline 9 inch. i ordered a new one offline, same gear ratio but with posi. i reintalled it and also took the chance to reinstall new u joints in the driveshaft. i reinstalled the driveshaft into the trans a stuck it up to the diff, but the u bolts will not fit into the yoke on the diff. the yoke is slightly smaller width then the original. i emailed the company and they said if its smaller then its a 1310. i read somewhere that those came out of broncos. will my stock u joint work with that yoke and also where can i find the smaller u bolts for the yoke? i went to orielys but all they could give me was the original u bolt that doesnt work. please help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
does the u-joint fit tightly in the cup front to back and side to side and teh u-bolts (strap kit) is the wrong size or is the u-joint the wrong size for the yoke?

They make hybrid u-joints for just this thing, but make sure you get a name brand and not somthing from the autozone or leprecon automotive (O'Reily's). I had one break and it's no fun at all.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You have the smaller 'truck' 1310 yoke on the new pumpkin. And I bet it's 1" shorter than the old one.

See if it is...

You just need a standard 1310/1310 with the 1 1/16 caps on all 4 sides vs what you have 1310/1310-large cap and the U-bolts (Napa, Oreilly, Autozone). Just get a willing parts guy and you'll be set.

Get them to look up a mid 70's F-100 pickup or F-150 from about 1977 and it should be correct.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt get that, maybe im slow today. do i need to change anything else? will my slip yoke in the trans work and do i need to change the stock size u joint, and where do i find the u bolts for the diff yoke. i had them look it up and they said all ford 9 inches listed the same u bolt (too big)

i found on curries website that if i have the 1330 u joint and a 1310 companion flange (diff yoke) i can use their adapter. i just need to measre the flanges.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garreett0 on 10/14/06 11:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
M-4635-A 1310/1330 U-joint (FMS)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts