Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in the process of trying to find an electric fan to fit our 1995 Mustang GT. I find often that the parts we would like to have are listed up to 1993, and the '95 is always different. What makes this application so unique and harder to find aftermarket parts for?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Are you really serious?

The 94-95 Mustangs were the last of the 5.0 liter engines and the first of the S-95 body, (FOX-body Mustang was the previous platform, 79 - 93). So what you have is an orphan, a transition engine/body combination.

For details - this question should be asked in one of the Mustang forums.

After all, there are 5 Mustang forums on this site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 11/14/06 5:35am ]</font>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yes, I was serious. The 5 MUSTANG BOARDS are each geared toward a series of Mustangs. It appears those who listed the board that covers the 95 year should have asked the question and got the answer from you, as they have listed that board as one covering Fox bodies.

Is the 5.0 in the 95 different than the on ein the '93?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bd22 on 11/14/06 8:46am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Yes and no...they have an "elbow" on the intake ... due to the lower hood. I think they rated it a little lower than the 93 5.0 HO, but again, thats not an engine/body combination that I am really up on.

Its not surprising that they didn't make a big deal out of the engine being in the newer body. A lot of people just go by what a car looks like when they try to figure out what it is.

Maybe lumped them together because a lot of guys don't check deeper than the sheet metal - it happens with more people than you would guess.

When it comes to cars...I make it my business to know what the other guy might be running, cuts down on a lot of embarassment.

I did tell you they were an orphan ... So what you have is an orphan, a transition engine/body combination.
There is another site that might be able to help. They know the difference.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 11/14/06 10:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're already used to it. My son has owned it since he was 16. (5 years)

Just never really thought it all out on the differences.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts