Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guy's and Gal's What are some of the differences you have found between the Ranchero and the car counter part ?

I'll kick it off by stating the tail light buckets on 64/65 Rancheros are different than the Falcon cars. Also on the 65 Ranchero the tail light lens are different also. Now I must say I'm talking about the Falcon cars all but the Wagons. The wagons share the same tail light bucket and lens as the Ranchero.In due time I'll post pic's of the two and try to show the differences. The Ranchero and Wagons also share the same gas tank but when was the last time you saw a new one advertised any where for sale?
Just a few thing right off the top . I'll come up with more later and memory serves ... :)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
The taillights on the 68/69 Ranchero is different from the Torino/Fairlane, also the rear quarter panels. not sure about the rear bumper.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ranchero has a bed and the car counter part has a trunk. This is for all years.

Sorry guys and gals, I had to...... LOL (call me captain obvious)

1965 Ranchero Deluxe w/manual steering has a different steering wheel than its Falcon counter part, or any other '65 Falcon model with power steering. I'm fortunate enough to have this rare item on my '65 Ranchero. (like a tractor steering wheel with a pretty chrome ring) Unfortunatly, it needs to be redone. Thought I'd be able to find one on ebay or a manufacturer that makes a reproduction, until I did some research. No such luck.

I beleive this may be true, but the '64 & '65 Rancheros had reverse lights in the bumper. Whereas, the Falcons did not. However, I could be partially wrong about this one.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I beleive this may be true, but the '64 & '65 Rancheros had reverse lights in the bumper. Whereas, the Falcons did not. However, I could be partially wrong about this one.
Nope it's not true. The center of the tail light lens were clear if it had factory backup lights. I have some lenses I'll dig them up and post pic's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You're right. I did some research once I got home and found that I was wrong. Not the first time and probably not the last.

Ranchero65, got any current pictures of your project? Specificly, with the custom fab hood on. I've been looking forward to seeing what the scoop looks like with the whole car. btw, nice article on the tech exchange about installing a hood scoop. I did the same on a '93 F150 I had, but I used the huge, 5" tall, 429 scoop. A lot of work, but worth it.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts