Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for your experiences in rebuilding 9" differentials. I recently rebuilt and set up two, one using a Randy's Ring and Pinion kit and the other using a Currie kit. Randy's was $20 cheaper and had ring gear bolts, loctite, pinion carrier shims and gear paint, none of which was included in the Currie kit.
Currie's catalog, phone service and shipping accuracy is vastly better, their selection of used gear sets is better and lots cheaper.
However, Randy's 16-page instructions are unbelievably good. (Downloadable off the website.)
Anybody else have similar or different experience?...or a better alternative?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I decided to check out some prices at Randy’s since you spoke highly of them. The help was great, they beat the price it would’ve cost somewhere else and let’s just say I ended up buying my parts right then and there. I haven’t gotten the parts yet but I am looking forward to getting them next week and I hope their part are as good as their service. So far I highly recommend them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.