Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have/using a Sony Mavica 75 digital still camera? (trying to decide whether or not to return it and save up for a nicer one............)

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the Sony Mavica cameras. Most people will tell you to get one that takes the memory cards, but I prefer cameras that use a standard 1.44 floppy.

Sony does make at least one that has both the floppy and memory card slot, but I can't remember which model it is.

Another neat feature about the Mavicas is that they have the ability to take a 15 second video clip in Mpeg format if you ever want to make a short clip of something. I've got a few videos of my car idleing after I went through the engine again and the quality is not that bad.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeremy,
Mine is the cheapie. Only takes stills. Kind of like the functions of it, but would also like to take short videos if possible.
Probably gonna take this back for refund, and save up for a more spendier, (more options), camera.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Drag, I have a FD81 and I really like it. I have never talked to anyone that owned a sony that didnt like it. Mine will also do the clips and voice memos. If I'm correct the FD 75's highest resolution is 640x480. My 81's is 1024x768 and my brothers FD 85(I think) will go the next step higher- 1200xsomething.

I have found that (in my opinion, I'm not an expert) 1024x768 will print out real nice 4x6 and 5x7 prints but start getting thin in 8x10's.

I also like the rechargeable battery they use, not like some of the others that dont have rechargeable batterys. There is alot of nice cameras on the market right now but I sure like the ease of operation and convenince of the sonys.

Whatever you do, if you decide to go to a better camera the little better sony would be a good choice in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Mark.
Yeah, momma's a bit peeved at me for getting this one. After shopping around at a bunch of 'stores', we looked, and looked. I was the one preaching about getting nothing less than at least 2.1 pixels in a camera, and then I get this one. It doesn't even have 1.4 !
I gotta admit, for just taking quick snapshots of stuff it works well, tho.
I'm still undecided at this point. Can't wait too long, before I won't be able to bring it back for a refund!
More procrastination!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have an FD-88 and like it a lot!! It is only 1.3 megapixel but has image sizes from 640x840 to 1024x768 to 1280x960 and I normally use the 1024x768 one. If you go to the largest you only get a couple of images per floppy!!

I've had it for 3 years and in works great!! Wouldn't consider a "memory stick" camera at this point!!

BTW, I do pretty good 8"x10" prints on the middle setting and they look OK to most folks....If I go to the 1280 size they are OK to even the picky people!!

Also like the 15 second video capability....Can video a 1/4 mile run with plenty of time to spare!!

Cobrajack

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cobrajack on 1/2/02 9:56pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I brought back the sony MVC 75. The store had an 87 model. Only 1.3 pixels, tho, and no movie mode. Another 40 bucks. Is it worth it?:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts