ford motorsport clutch
trex fuel system
boost retard
msd cap and rotor
removed the a/c, bypassed the smog pulley and thermostat
three chamber flowmaster without cats
23 autolite sparkplugs gapped at 35
subframe connectors

after talking with a couple of friends of mine at x2cmotorsports.com, they said that it would be a good idea to install a digital fuel injection system. they said i would be able to run 12s after i install the system with my current setup. also, would not have to use a maf. which system would offer the most bang for the buck? dfi, tec3, motec?

or should i invest that money in purchasing upper and lower intake, mass air flow, headers, heads??

keep in mind this is a long term project in which the ultimate goal is to have an 11 second daily driver. my current budget for this month is $1,700.

thanks guys (or girls)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Are you saying that right now with your current setup you are not into the 12's at all? I would think you could at least pull a 12.9 with 9lbs of boost and 3.73's. Are you traction limited? If so, you had better build up your rear suspension with upper and lower arms, or at least boxed stock ones, maybe some drag springs and shocks. I dont have a lot of experience with the late model suspensions, but I would sure think you would have the power to break into the 12's if you had decent traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts