Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I did a setup like that for port-injected nitrous. I used stainless line. Holy CRAP that was a pain. Like doing new brake lines for the whole neighborhood out of Kryptonite because some lines were so short. LOL Anyway, my suggestion for a unique look and easy polish would be AGS NiCopp brake line. It's a nickel/copper alloy that is much easier to bend than SS or steel, or even Bundy line, doesn't corrode, makes nice tight bends, and looks pretty cool with the silvery-copper color. I would just buy a roll instead of sticks for that project of course. Just a thought for you to consider.

David

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If you are wanting them tru chrome, you will have to bend/build the complete system then send it out for chrome plating, Other wise its stainless steel lines that ya have polished, and as was mentioned, do-able but tough...... M2C...

MRO.....

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I don't know what fittings and nozzles you are using. The supply lines are usually -6AN and what is used from the block to the ports depends on your setup and parts. 3/16" is the most common, but I don't know what you're doing.

BTW - if you're not experienced at planning, marking and making bends; grab a roll of heavy soldering wire to make tube setup patterns as you go. Helps me, anyway.

David

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I don't know what fittings and nozzles you are using. The supply lines are usually -6AN and what is used from the block to the ports depends on your setup and parts. 3/16" is the most common, but I don't know what you're doing.

BTW - if you're not experienced at planning, marking and making bends; grab a roll of heavy soldering wire to make tube setup patterns as you go. Helps me, anyway.

David
Great idea with Soldering wire!

Where can you get that 3/16" tubing?
Pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
It's a nickel/copper alloy, used for high-pressure applications like brake lines, and is rated to 4200 working psi, and over 17,000 burst psi. Look at this picture or links above. It comes in a smooth satin finish, but that's fine as you will mar it doing the cutting, bending and flaring anyway. It's much easier to polish than SS, and only take s a couple minutes per tube by hand, or a matter of seconds with a small buffer. If polishing by hand, a strip of terry towel with a bit of buffing compound and a shoe-shine method gives a mirror finish very quickly.

David

Astro Racer on another forum polished a bit of it to compare with standard line:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts