Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't exactly tech, but since it's in part an answer to my original post, here goes: I saw and listened to the car yesterday. Definitly bearing knock, probably front main. I checked the oil and it looks like 50/50 oil and antifreeze in there, yet the radiator is full. I suspect vandalism, 'cause some little moron keyed the car while it was there, too. My son's teacher apologized sincerely and felt really bad, and I feel bad for him. It's his first year teaching and is just a great guy. My son is nuts about him and the teacher has really become a mentor for him. Anyway, I called my ins. co and they opened a claim on the car. I'll be getting it towed to a buddy's shop nearby and we'll tear it down to confirm the problem for the insurance co. My son's pissed cause he worked like a dog for two solid weeks getting the work done. He did a super job on it and it sounded fantastic (except for the knock!) Oh well, time for another nerve pill...

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Maybe you can just get by with rods and mains. Hopefully it hasn't run long enough to score the crank or anything fun like that. I never built anything in my shop class in high school that couldn't be beat back or welded back into shape. I had some morons I didn't trust in there with me. I admire your boy for taking on the project. Next time maybe he and the teacher can work out a place to wheel the short/long block into every night to keep it under lock and key.
Now, go have a beer with your nerve pill.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
FXJR....I feel for you. Major bummer. some little punk kid is probably jealous...keep your head up, good things will happen I am sure.

Jeff Given

1 - 3 of 3 Posts