Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my 67 stang to disc front brakes. I am using 72 mustang parts. I have one final part to buy, the master cylinder. Does anybody know what master cylinder will bolt up to my 67 and work with this application. Also, the car is manual brake not power. Okay while I'm at it one more question, can I use the stock proportioning valve from the drum brake application? I wasn't sure, so I took the proportioning valve off a 70 Mustang that had manual disc brakes but it looks identical to the proportioning valve that is being used for my drum brakes. Thanks, I hope somebody can help me solve this riddle.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think the valve is really a proportioning valve as much as a 'safety' valve for brake failuer on either side.

Go to a place like autozone, checkers, napa and get a master cylinder to fit one of the following cars....

74-80 Granada w/front manual disc
74-?? Maverick/Comet w/front manual disc
69-up Mustang w/front manual disc

You may have to find fittings (tube nuts) to fit the lines from the MC to the valve and out of the valve. Hopefully you got the tube nuts with the valve from the mustang. If not, check here for the part number and go to napa or another store that can get brass fittings.

http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?DSD~dewcat~3~

Also, brake lines are DOUBLE flared, not single flare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.