Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm new to the board, and I've been scouring the 'net for front disc brake conversion kits for my '67 Galaxie 500. I'm not sure what info you all need to help me locate. It's a 390 4bbl car 2dr hdtop.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, both my pops and I would be very appreciative.

Regards,

Justin Lyman
Anchorage, Alaska
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes yes, I was told this morning about that. I suppose I should put an add in with my Galaxie Club of America to see if anyone has 'em. Thanks for your reply

Justin Lyman

·
Registered
122 Posts
66GT289 is right. Look at any full sized Ford, Merc, or equivalent Lincoln from those years. You might try up to about 1975. When you do find something that works, make sure you get everything from the tie rods out. spindles, rotor, calipers, lines, etc. If you find a Galaxy, check its hard lines vs yours. You might need them too. I'm not sure. However, make absolutely sure you get everything under the hood that comes off. Master cylinder, hard lines, distribution block, residual pressure valve, etc. You will need them all. Keep the short hard lines exiting from the master cylinder. Don't cut them. If necessary, you can cut the lnes to the rear wheels. Don't bother trying to unscrew them in the junkyard. All the under hood parts are different from what is in your car. Take some pictures before you remove anything from both the donor and your car. That will help a lot. You probably don't want to keep the master cylinder, but you can use it for trial fitting and as a core for getting a NEW (not rebuilt) one.

Good luck. And keep asking questions here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts