Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a 66 half ton truck for a friend and we have a 70s parts truck. Will the disc setup from the 70s truck work on the 66? The parts truck is a 74 I think. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After pulling both trucks apart I have done the swap and everything looks like it works.The donor truck was a 76.I am converting it to power steering as well so I used the p/s box,pitman arm,and all the steering components for the 76.I set the disc spindles up on the 66 before teardown and believe the disc setup would work with the manual steering setup as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can use I Beam componets from '65-'79 on your truck. The preferred method is to swap in the entire beam with spindles. Check out the Ford Truck Enthusiasts website for detailed information.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that now but at the time I had not purchased the parts truck and had not taken possession of the truck I am building yet.I would've swapped the whole front suspension from the 76 but it had been hit extremely hard on the drivers side and I couldn't tell what was and was not bent on some parts until I ordered new steering parts to compare them to.The truck is coming together nicely.Started out as a 6cyl 3speed truck.Now 390 4 speed 3.70 posi with power steering and disc brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts