Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a question regarding a disc. brake conversion. I have installed spindals and a disc brake set up from 1974 Torino. It assembled, however, when it came it time for alignment with all the shims removed, I still had 1 1/2 degree camber positive. The book says it should be a 1/4 to 1 degree positive. I read in the tech. dept. that this set up should work and I do not know why I am having these problems. All suspension components are brand new and I have installed a toe in stabilizer bar. I would love to entertain feed back on this problem if any of you have done this in the past. My car is a 1964 Galaxie 500 XL. I am doing a frame off restoration. I need to fix this before I go to paint within the next month.

Thanks.

I am new to the forum so any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
not my special car, but don't the 63/64's have those off set bushings on the "A" arms, front suspension? could that have some to do with it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do but the toe in bar won't allow them to move. The bar has holes in it with a specific distance apart. The reason for this bar is to stop changes in caster and camber when heavy braking and ties the two A arms to operate together. Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

Thanks for the links. I would still like to here if someone has done this to a 1964 Galaxie and what donner car they used. Also find out about any other problems to look for.

Gary

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yeah, I remember this subject, and it was EXTENSIVELY investigated and I believe solved. Look at that thread. It is long and very informative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts