Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to up grade my brakes on my galaxy I have been talking to people and reading info from what I see if I use 74-79 mid size ford spindles ,rotors a mid 80 fullsize man. master this I am told is a bolt on deal has anyone done this swap before

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes it works. Search the old forum Galaxie pages. I posted a list of exactly which cars and years will work . The '79 tbird is an example. "Bolt on" however includes removing and replacing the spindles with the mid '70's spindles, not just the swapping the drums and rotors. It's a great upgrade.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone know if the part list/instruction sheet that crites sells for a Galaxie disc brake conversion is any good? I've wanted to do this conversion for a while, but my budget would only be about $350, and I would need very comprehensive step-by-step instructions. I think without good instructions, this would be a project thats beyond my ability. Can't really lose for $25, just want to know if anyones heard anything good/bad. Thanks alot, Steve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sheet that Don Crites sells for $25
is just a list of parts & part #'s
It's great if you have the Xtra time to search junkyards & part suppliers.
I do not have that luxury, so I sprung for the complete kit (they deducted the $25 from the price) and it is a direct bolt on and well worth the $$$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts