Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Wed on the show Fast n' Loud they will be doing a '64 Galaxie XL. I've never seen the show but set it to record so i don't miss it. Gotta see what they do to it.

Anyone seen the show before?

Fast N' Loud Videos : Discovery Channel

·
Registered
336 Posts
I actually saw it for the first time last night. It was pretty cool. The guy buys old cars, fixes them up and tries to sell them for a profit. Last night he bought/sold a 60 Caddy, 52 Ford Mainline Gasser and a 28 or 26 Pontiac. He made money on the Caddy and Pontiat, but lost bi6 on the Gasser at a no reserve auction. I believe he lost a total of $900 on all three. I plan on watching next weeks show for sure, as I saw the preview about the 64 Galaxie.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I've watched it a couple of times, kinda cool. The owner is a little mouthy, looks like the mechanics know what they are doing?!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I got the same vibe. In the preview for next week it sounded like they're gonna keep the '64 original. Hopefully we get to see some work being done and it doesn't become like a couple others he just tuned up and flipped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've watched it a couple of times, kinda cool. The owner is a little mouthy, looks like the mechanics know what they are doing?!!
Mouthy is definitely right. Last night was the 3rd episode and I can already tell a change in his demeanor. I think they told him to take it down a notch. But his mechanics seem to be on the ball! Too bad he lost $5500 on that gasser...

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it set up to record so i don't miss it. Saw it advertised on the military channel, never heard of it before. Looks like it might be good though. I think the caddy episode can be watched online now so will have to check it out since it says "haunted" lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's a good show. I would like to see the more of the mechanic at work. That old boy seem to be pretty good. Another thing is they do not have all that fancy equipment and parts like all the other car building shows. Kinda a lke my shop and many other. Austin speed shop with Jesse Jame is another good one to watch. Texas talent at work. LOL

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's a tv show...guy is well known around here w/the Dallas hot rod guys.....I didn't say that was a good thing.......

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Finally got to see the '64 Gal show. They sure didn't look over the black one very well. Kinda of makes me guestion their 'expertise' :rolleyes:.
Then when they got the beautiful white one they were complaining about the exhaust, which was an easy fix ??? The chrome looked amazing from what I saw :tup:
I didn't care for the paint on the roof, but it seemed to work.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Like most drama-based car shows - I'm not a big fan. I'd like to see more of the work and how they did it, and hunting for cars, than the BS narration and ridiculous bartering for TVs sake. A whole episode watching the upholstery gal do her magic (without the owner's useless yapping and the BS side stories) would be one I'd watch.

David

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Those two clowns on the show are nothing more than shade tree want-to-be's
Buy one of their cars and you better make sure you get the kiss that goes with it.

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got to see the '64 Gal show. They sure didn't look over the black one very well. Kinda of makes me guestion their 'expertise' :rolleyes:.
Then when they got the beautiful white one they were complaining about the exhaust, which was an easy fix ??? The chrome looked amazing from what I saw :tup:
I didn't care for the paint on the roof, but it seemed to work.
I bout fell over when they bought that black one!! I'm not as cheap (in my mind) as FE and i wouldn't of given even close to that for that car! There was probably a dozen more in the are for less or a whole lot better for the same price. But as far as TV shows go it wasn't a bad show.

I bookmarked the website so i could watch a couple the others i didn't see.

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like most drama-based car shows - I'm not a big fan. I'd like to see more of the work and how they did it, and hunting for cars, than the BS narration and ridiculous bartering for TVs sake. A whole episode watching the upholstery gal do her magic (without the owner's useless yapping and the BS side stories) would be one I'd watch.

David
Funny you mention that! I was watching the Desert Kings? show and they were doing a 51? Caddy, forgot the year exactly. I wanted to know how the guy did the seats, if he did them as original or modern as far as what is not seen in a seat. Each spring was covered in burlap with cotton stuffed in them. My dad's '48 coupe seat (rear bottom) 6 springs on each side where you sit is done this way. The whole seat on that caddy would have to be taken apart to do that. So how did they do it? The 6 springs on my dads are also real flimsy springs. FE and i thought it was probably to cut costs so the burlap/cotton was needed for support. He did give me a good work around idea and i may be able to just stuff chunks of foam in each one but sure be nice to see a little more detail on these shows. But it's time limited and nobody cares what they look like inside the seats or as much bout inside the car period compared to outside.

Time to do some youtube searches and contact the upholstery guy on my FB page and ask. Inquiring minds wanna know.
\

·
Registered
924 Posts
They can keep the reality show bs, though I would pay for a DVD of the actual work being done on Overhauling, rust repair, panel work and such.
Mike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, they were idiots paying that kind of money for the black one, not even knowing if it would run. If it ran and drove....maybe, but I still think $7500 would still have been too much. I also don't like what they did to the white one..putting the latticework paint on the roof and the exhaust on the sides of the rear quarters. I know that's cool for a low-rider and different strokes for different folks (And he made good money, which was his goal), but I think it looked cool the way they bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
In my opinion it seems like Desert Kings do a lot better job than Fast and Loud. The Texas guys just throw it together to make a buck. I doubt if they even know how to spell detail :rolleyes:. The gasser was kinda neat except for that paint job. Then 'the loud mouth' said he was going to blow the doors off his buddy, an untested 347 stroker against a 427 cheby that the guy had been racing for 20 years, GET SERIOUS! I am also sick of the b.s. on reality shows. I think Overhaulin' and Orange County Choppers started out good and then gave way to the script writers :(.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Yeah, they were idiots paying that kind of money for the black one, not even knowing if it would run. If it ran and drove....maybe, but I still think $7500 would still have been too much. I also don't like what they did to the white one..putting the latticework paint on the roof and the exhaust on the sides of the rear quarters. I know that's cool for a low-rider and different strokes for different folks (And he made good money, which was his goal), but I think it looked cool the way they bought it.
I agree, that car was way too nice to slam it down and those pipes were hidious :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
160 Posts
way too much for the black 64, and they really gave up on it fast.

The little white 352 model was decent, but over 20k at auction? total BS.

I wastch Desert Kings a lot too--that lot is awesome--I used to but parts there when I lived in Phoenix. The young kid is cool , but the old man wants for than NOS parts $$$ for what he has there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't understand the situation with the black car. They saw it needed a paint job and they pulled the spark plugs and saw they were dirty so they gave up on it? Why not paint it and tune it up instead of kicking it out? If they were concerned about the motor pull the heads and see what's there, don't just kick it out. Doesn't make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts