Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have searched through the old threads but can't find what i'm looking for, I'm sure it will be there somewhere, but i can't find it. So can somebody tell me the part number for a 63 Galaxie single point distributor with transistorised ignition is ?

Thanks, larry

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Larry,

My parts book for 1963 shows:

C3AF-12127-AF

Service replacement (as of 1969):

C3AZ-12127-AF and C5AZ-12127-F

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LARSOFVT

My car has the C3AF-12127-AF Distributor in it, The reason i was checking is because someone has bypassed the Transistorised Ignition system, They had fitted the NON TI coil, but are still running the single point distributor, As i am going to Re-commission the TI system, i just needed to know if i had the correct dissy. The system is complete, just by passed, So at the moment it is running a bit of a hybrid system

Thanks Again, larry

·
Registered
354 Posts
Larry,

Is it possible the system was bypassed because of a blown amplifier? I do not know how to bench test a questionable amplifier, I just install it and see if the car will run. Amplifiers don't seem that hard to come by, the low impedence coils are less common as far as I have seen. I do not know of any aftermarket coil that will work as a substitute.

I am looking for a cover for the relay/resistor if you know of any.

Lars

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lars

I removed the brass rivets from the amplifier just to have a look inside, i have had 2 different lots of blokes test the individual components inside the amplifier and tested OK with the possible exception being the transistor, but we're not sure yet, At the moment i've got a couple of electronic mates of mine looking at upgrading all the "stuff" inside the amplifier with New Modern parts with all the correct ratings, I found a NOS Transistorised Coil on Ebay recently for $125. As for the cover, i did see one about a month or so ago, i don't remember where i saw it but i do remember it was expensive, from memory about $250, If you like i will keep an eye out for one and i will let you know if i see one

Lars if you haven't seen the inside of one of the amplifiers, and would like to do so, Send me a personal message with an email address and i will send you a photo of the inside of mine, You could then post it on this Forum i you wanted to ( coz i haven't learnt how yet ) LOL

Thanks for your help, Regards, larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lars, i have found that cover you're after, it's NOS and has the PermaTune sticker on it, if you get in touch, i'll forward the info onto you

Regards, larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts