Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wanting to order new springs and leafs so-as to get a nice even drop, but the previous owner heated the springs and did numerous things to the leafs.... so i was wondering if anyone has the distance from the ground to the lowest part of the fender lip in the front and in the back?
this way i can order the correct number of inches of drop front and rear to get it even... thanks in advance

-the car is a 62 Galaxie 500 Club Victoria 2 dr hardtop

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
you might try finding the stock ride height originally and figure from there. Unless someone here has new springs at stock height you won't get a very accurate measurement. Might try contacting Greg Donahue
www.gregdonahue.com or Dennis Carpenter www.dennis-carpenter.com and see if they can help you out. Unless someone has a book on the '62 that gives that info. I only have '64 stuff.

This will get you bumped up to the top if nothing else.

Deb

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The shop manual usually has stock frame dimesions and a datum line ( level ground) as a refernce to measure to a fixed frame point. Stu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
appreciate it guys... i want to put the car down pretty low,but right now thwback is so bouncy, (ever seen uncle buck?). thanks agin for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts