Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
63 Galaxie , 390 with a 406 tri-power intake.
I need a new distributor cap etc. Caps they were showing me at parts store were larger in diameter .
anyone know if when you run the 406 intake the distributor is different than stock 390 ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
63 Galaxie , 390 with a 406 tri-power intake.
I need a new distributor cap etc. Caps they were showing me at parts store were larger in diameter .
anyone know if when you run the 406 intake the distributor is different than stock 390 ?
My Tri power 406 has the dual point high performance distributor. So if you have a single point distributor maybe there is a difference. But sorry, I dont know.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like the old man used all the 406 goodies on his 390, right down to the shorty's.
DIST has no vacuum advance & has two small holes in base (forward facing) as well as the standard clips.The current cap does not sit tight and moves a bit. Thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like the old man used all the 406 goodies on his 390, right down to the shorty's.
DIST has no vacuum advance & has two small holes in base (forward facing) as well as the standard clips.The current cap does not sit tight and moves a bit. Thanks !
Great looking engine bay. Ya, shorty headers and all. My 406 looks like this. Not a great picture.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts