Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So Dennis, do you have it figured out how many turns per 10th or MPH or something, or you trial and error. How far do you slow it down? Dont forget you have it on and bend your floor board! Pretty cool though.
Throttle stop is for when I have to slow it down. I have no problem at my "home" track which is pretty much an outlaw track. Ever hear of Andy Jensen? Also the track owner (Ford Lover) digs my car and knows exactly what it is capable of. I do want to make a few Pro Stick races at some NHRA tracks in Md. and I know that they are not as lenient.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I know of no way of figuring it out other than at the track. I do know that it takes several rotations to slow a car down significantly. I can practically stop the secondaries from opening at all when at maximum adjustment. I am sure it will be possible after a few runs to know that so many rotations of the stop will get me close to my desired run--of course there are other variables such as the weather, track, and how the car is setup. To play in the ProStick club I need to run at least a 11.99 average, which is now a cake walk.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts