Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to put my windsor jr.s on in about a week or two, is it worth the $170 to buy a set of like Crane roller rockers? Or should i just stick with the same one on my ride right now?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
rollers are easier on parts, less oil temp, less friction, easier starting, better gas mileage, and most importantly more HP/torque. Down side is they are a bit expensive and a bit noisier than factory rockers, which most of us hotrodders dont mind a bit of noise

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
It's not exactly that they "pull off" or make more power ...

They just cannabalize less power, so more power makes it to the flywheel

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 5/21/02 10:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I doubt if you will gain much HP by using roller rockers. The real gain as mentioned above is the reduced strain/loads/wear/friction/etc on the valve train. You are converting the cam/lifter/pushrod direction/motion approximately 180 degrees against, in some cases, considerable valve spring pressure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just fired up my new engine with roller rockers and it has what I would call slightly loose rocker noise should I be adjusting this out or is this the noise of which you fellas are speaking? If I had normal rockers they sound like they need another 1/4 turn tightening.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Rollers should NOT make excessive noise. If you are getting clatering and ticking, you should be able to adjust it out if the cam is hydralic.
The 5.0L Cobras came from the factory with roller rockers. I've never heard any one complaining about noise.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I remembered this thread as I was reading Hot Rod last night. In the latest issue, they do a series of bolt ons on a Mopar 360, testing after each change. Roller rockers gained about 3 HP and about 3 LBFT at the rear wheels over stock, and they went up a ratio (1.5 to 1.6).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.