Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone. I know, to each his own but take a look at the black 61 Starliner on Ebay. I'm nearly 60 and I know I am "old school" but I think the hugh wheels with low profile tires just makes older cars look terrible. Just curious if this is an age thing. What do you think of this car and roughly how old are you? Do you think this car would sell easier with a stock set up?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
nothing wrong with larger modern wheels...
if they compliment car....
FakeSnake's starliner looks fantastic....

but the wheels on this 61 starliner looks terrible...

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
And that '61 Starliner is so sweet, what was he thinking when he bought those things :tdn: :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
EEEWWWW gads..... :frown: They def weren't thinking.... and mid/late 50s.... Big wheels, the goofy late model offsets doesn't work for me....

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone. I know, to each his own but take a look at the black 61 Starliner on Ebay. I'm nearly 60 and I know I am "old school" but I think the hugh wheels with low profile tires just makes older cars look terrible. Just curious if this is an age thing. What do you think of this car and roughly how old are you? Do you think this car would sell easier with a stock set up?
I'm nearly 70, so I'm REAL old school.

I prefer any old car the way it came off the assembly line.

I've done a lot of modifying on my Galaxie, but, except for the door speaker kit, and some engine chrome, it's all 64 Galaxie "stuff".

·
Registered
336 Posts
What a complete abomination for such a beautiful car!!! They should turn over that car to me to "correct" it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What a complete abomination for such a beautiful car!!! They should turn over that car to me to "correct" it.
I agree, Hell steelies n dog dishes would be better looking than that....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, such a beautiful car with such butt ugly wheels and tires. I'm old school too, but love the old Cragar SS myself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, they are sort of star-shaped ... maybe that's the tie-in.

Larger wheels on old cars can be done tastefully, it's a matter of picking the proper style. That fellow didn't unfortunately.

cheers
Ed

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I agree, horrible wheel choice on that car...I generally dont care for the way over diameter/rubber band tire look, but there are folks with a good eye that can pick a set that goes perfect with the car...

theres a early 60's buick invicta(never heard of this model, except the one local) with 20's and 35 series tires, but man does that car look cool- the guy that did the wheels had good style taste- something very lacking in about 90% of the big wheeled rides ive seen...

most of the bigwheel crowd seem to go buy the biggest looking crap out there, no matter the style.

I'm not a new camaro fan, but look at this poor ZL1, one of the ugliest wastes of money ive ever seen:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483640_492531977435091_153486423_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Larger wheels on old cars can be done tastefully, it's a matter of picking the proper style. That fellow didn't unfortunately.
You can think of it this way:

With some people, you may not find out they're an idiot until you've met them.

When you see someone doing something like this, there's no need for guesswork.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts