Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So you consider yourself a "Ford" guy down to the core. You may even say you bleed Ford blue. But how far do you take your passion? Does it extend all the way to your daily driver? How about the car rental lot? If you haven't already, have you ever considered breaking your oath to the blue oval, even with your future project car ambitions?

At this point, for me, working on Fords "only" has become mostly a matter of convenience and familiarity. My "bins o' bolts" are all genuine Gran Torino, as are all those miscellaneous clips and specialty fasteners I've hoarded through the years. Needless to say, it would be tough to transition at age 40, but if I did… it would be a 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. Guess I'll have to wait until I can buy one complete.

Do you have a favorite non-Ford? Comment with a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm a huge Ford lover but I can't deny myself to other cool cars like AMCs, Mopars, GM and even imports.

One of my favorite cars is a '70 Cuda and I have a passion for VW's as well (my family has had atleast one in every generation and of every kind).

·
Registered
460 Posts
I currently have 4 fords(soon to be 5), ones my daily driver, but i have always wanted to buy a mopar of some sort, probably a 67 coronet convertible or 67 charger. I like the Monte Carlos from the early 70's too. By the way Mikelonis, I had found a 1971 Satellite 2 door sitting in a friends uncles forest. He cleaned the forest and crushed all the cars before i could;d get to it. It is straight was a pin with no rust. I'm a ford guy and i wanted to cry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a die hard ford man. my daily driver is a (free) dodge caravan. i'd buy the new challenger and i could be convinced to drive a 64 chevy II. i need a truck but i refuse to look at anything but a ford regular cab short bed two wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
When I win the lotto I will have a 66 Chevy || and it will have a 2011 5.0 in it. I'm not a fan of Chevy's, but I do love the sleeper look of this car and I'm so tired of seeing Chevy engine's in Fords.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I currently have three fords right now and I've only had fords since i started driving. Except When i ordered my diesel a few years back all i had was my stang. I sold my 95' powerstroke and was waiting the 6 weeks for my truck to be done so since it was winter in jersey a mustang wasn't gonna hack it. I bought my buddies 93' jeep cherokee beater for $500 and was leary because it was first non ford purchase. Had it on the road for 23 hrs.Was on my way home from dropping off my sister when a dumb a$$ drunk in a sunfire pulled out in front of me. I t-boned him at about 40 mph wrecked both vehicles. Insurance gave me 2,200 dollars for jeep, then sold it for $625 to someone for a parts truck. So even though i made a lot of money for hitting a drunk It was still a very very good lesson to never not buy a ford again.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cut Me Mick! If I were to change, it would be only model. And it would be a 1966 Ford Fairlane. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a good body line no matter the make or model. But, I'm Blue oval through and through. Yes, I Bleed Ford Blue! I'd rather fight than switch!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I have six running Fords, five parts cars, one Grand Cherokee and one 66 Chevelle.

I do tend to bleed Ford Blue, and have had Fords since my 65 Mustang in high school. My dd is a Bullitt. Had one other Chevy, a Poncho, a Datsun,a 68 Charger, a Volvo and a Jeep. Otherwise, all Fords.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I raced Mustangs and owned them for years, but if I could find a Pont GTO roller chassie I would jump on it. I have a 68 GTO Ram Air motor W/ aluminum Muncie Attached that I Raced in High School in the early 80s.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I work for ford (for the moment), as does my dad. I've been helping build fords since I was born, the farthest back I can remember is a 66' coupe 289 Hi-po motor I helped put together. Around the same time we had a 69 Boss 302 that was like brand new inside. I used to play in it when I was little, make noises, you know the drill. I've had about 30 mustangs total, at age 20. My parts are scattered everywhere, Wheels, fenders, engines, seats, you name it. I've built so many foxbodys I go cross eyed with them. Used to run around the ford parts department when I was real young, and have been around ford my entire life. My dad believe it or not is a chevy man, or was. He always said back in the day when he owned his hotrod shop, that if someone told him he'd have a blue oval son he'd punch em. lol. Believe it or not, we still have one chevy, a 70 chevelle. Which I have my eye on. I'm a ford/chevy guy. I'll take a 70 fastback as quick as I'd take a 69 Camaro or chevelle. Not crazy about Novas though. I've laid hands on unrestored Talladegas, Cal yarboroughs personal 70 Cougar built for him, Bosses, Mach 1s, 427s, you name it.. all before the age of 15. I'd say I'm pretty die hard, even though I'd own a chevy.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I've had the Falcon since I was 13 when my dad bought it from my mom's cousin- the original owner. That was 25 years ago. I've had my 99 Powerstroke since new. 252,000 miles on it.
OK I admit I have some foreign born refugees. I have a tube frame fiberglass body dune buggy named Mad Max that has a VW engine. I also have a 2002 Honda CRF 450 dirt bike.
For cars and trucks it will always be Ford in our family. Dad has mostly Fords spanning a century... 1910 T he restored over 20 years, 1924 T he restored before I was born then bought it back a couple years ago, 1932 Woodie Wagon he restored over 35 years, 1932 5 Window getting quickie driver restoration, 1939 Deluxe Convertible Sedan unrestored in great shape, and a 2002 PSD. Mom was allowed to finally get a Jaguar once it was under the Blue Oval umbrella!

Dad did shock me when he bought the '32 Chrysler 5 window rumble seat coupe with the straight 8 and he does have a good unrestored 1913 Oakland we lapped rod bearings on last week. And to top it off he has a speedster project based on 100 year old components- NONE OF THEM FORD! He's making it to whoop up on his Model T Speedster running buddies.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Any nice factory muscle car suits me fine as long as its clean, fast, origional and American (or sometime Aussie) other than than its FORD's all the way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I drive a '72 Chevy Cheyenne, and I love it. All i want to drive right now is my ranchero. After this long of working on it i wish i could drive it. But i am not a thru and thru ford guy. I really like the '70 nova and roadrunner

·
Registered
338 Posts
Two other cars I would consider, but I can nearly guarantee it will never happen (sorry, no pics);

1. Pre-1980 Porsche 911
2. The new Dodge Challenger

BTW, I hate the look of the new Chevy Camaro.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts