Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Over the years I have owned numerous different vehicles. My family used to own a used car lot and I would change cars every few weeks just to beat on different cars. My preference has always gone back to the Fords. All of my friends (if you can them that) have been hard core Chevy fans and have picked on me since childhood. I guess I have always been a fan of the under dog. I would buy anything AMERICAN from the 1930's to the mid 70's but I have always liked the late 1980's Buick GNX. Remember Ford is lord because Chevy is too heavy and Mopar don't go far. If it wasn't for Ford. Chevy would have nobody to prove superior too.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I've had at least one Ford every since 1966 when I bought a '65 Mustang 289, 4bbl, 4spd.
Although I've owned a few other makes I prefer Pontiac. Have had 3 Grand Prix and 1 Trans Am. Started that 'trend' in '74' when Ford introduced the 'Mustake". My wife and I own 4 Fords now but I really hated to see GM quit making the Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Every car I have owned has been a Ford, and I have been driving for over 30 years. Although I do like other cars, Fords are my choice.

I own the cars listed in my sig, plus a '93 Falcon daily driver work and shopping car.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I come from a Chevy family so it is weird that I became a mostly FORD guy. I love fords, and I also love a lot of MOPARS. I love B bodies from the early 1960s-1974 or so. I also like 70-71 challengers over the Cuda. Just my preference.

I bought my 1970 Charger R/T because I have loved the bodylines of the 68-70 Chargers. It is a true sixpack car so it was a lucky find.

I will cringe when it is restored and hear the stupid "IS THAT A GENERAL LEE!!!" comments. It's green not orange...

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
If I had to pick another vehicle besides a Ford (gun to my head), it would have to be the Ferrari F430. But, without a gun to my head, I would still rather have a GT40 over any other vehicle ever produced. Just to spite the Chevy guys I would like to get a '56 chevy bel-air, two-door, no center post and put a 460/C6/9" combo in it. Pro-street style. My dad had a few of these when I was a kid and I was mesmerized by the airplane on the hood and the hidden fuel fill location. I love the '66/7 Fairlane. I would like to put the aforementioned drivetrain in one of those (of course, only in a ragged, non-specialty coded model). All of my truly favorite cars are Fords.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
while we have a bunch of fords, I gotta admit if I had my pick of any new car it would be a challenger...dont like the 2011 mustang rear, dont like either end of the camaro- and totally hate the camaro interior, the Challenger is one I'd take in a heartbeat- but wouldnt trade a mustang for one yet :)

heres our blue ones:

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
NO! I'm open minded, I would consider other brands like Lincoln or Mercury.

I do dream about a certain Mopar on occasion. But wont discus it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've only owned Fords an Mercury's; Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, F100's, Mustangs, Galaxie. If I had to pick a new car tho I'd consider a Charger, unless Ford got with it an made a RWD 4dr sedan again.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
i'm 48 years old ,i was born and raised in sweden..been here since 1981..
i'am the youngest of 4 and my youngest brother is 10 years older than me..
so what i'm trying to say is that early to mid 60's they were of driveing age..
they were into american cars.
and belonged to the local american car clubs..
they were mainly into ford fairlanes mid to late 50's
that part of the country seemed to have alot of fords.
my brothers had quite a few 55s 56 and 57s and as i remember a couple of crown vic's glass tops..
any way needles to say it made a major impression on me at a very young age...being around these badass cars..
but buy all meens i'm not just a ford buff,i like them all...
if they look nice ,sound good,sit right,and give me goose bumps i like e'm...
i dont discriminate..what ever floats your boat..
its all about having fun..

anyway my current project is 64 galaxie 500 2dr fastback with stock 352 4v and a cruise-o-matic...

also have a 57 chevy 2dr sedan hotrod with a 96 Z28 LT-1 fuel injected motor and 700R4 trans..that i have had for 20 some years..
all ways seems to fall back in line as new projects
take priorety, i guess it will get done one day..lol..

daily driver 1999 toyota tacoma 4x4 v6 5spd ..110K miles ..only oil changes,plugs one set of wires,filters and tires ...
never failed me yet just turn the key and go..

Cheers Lars..

·
Registered
312 Posts
First car was a 49 Poncho torpedo back, after that is was mostly Fords with flat heads in the begining.
Right now i have a 69, 05 Mustang an 010 F150 Supercrew.
Our daily driver is a 98 Jimmy that I got because I was pissed off at Ford for screwing me around on a 96 Sable that had issues. I told Ford that they would loose an Explorer sale if they did me wrong, they still would not budge. It made me feel better driving the new Jimmy on the Ford dealership lot and telling them "I told ya so"
I dont think I hurt their year end profits though.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I'm a ford man for the muscle era.

I gotta admit, my chopped project probably wont be a ford. It's not that I dont like them, simply that they are just too popular and thus expensive.

I found a pretty cool '39 pontiac. If I got that it's going to be FORD powered. :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
My grandfather was a Ford dealer, my dad mostly had Fords.
This is my fifth Mustang, along with a 65 LTD, a 64 Falcon wagon and a 70 something Torino.
I love Mustangs, the 67/68 is my favorite coup, the 69/70 sportsroof my favorite fastback or sportsroof.
If I bought another car, I always wanted a 55 Chevy.
My daily driver is a 94 Chebby Silverado truck, the only new vehicle I have ever owned. Ordered it special from my brother. It has 208K miles on it, original tranny and drive line, a crate 350 with 170K miles on that (warranty story). I have made it over to a retro looking Chevy, complete with 60s Chevy emblems.

My wifes car is a 04 Volvo wagon, with the bubble on top, it does have a power adder - turbo.

·
Registered
419 Posts
while we have a bunch of fords, I gotta admit if I had my pick of any new car it would be a challenger...dont like the 2011 mustang rear, dont like either end of the camaro- and totally hate the camaro interior, the Challenger is one I'd take in a heartbeat- but wouldnt trade a mustang for one yet :)

heres our blue ones:
Is there a house behind all that garage? Drool.....

I have already told my girl that if she ever plans on owning anything besides a Ford, she's with the wrong fella.
07 F150 (Daily driver)
04 Escape (Her daily driver)
79 F150 (Off-road terrorist)
67 Falcon (On-road terrorist)
65 Mustang (Future Coffin)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love em all! Except trucks, never was attracted to trucks at all for some reason. This one is pretty close to the top of the heap for me but I do love my 65 Galaxie ;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
As much as I love my Galaxie, if someone offered me a 65 Corvette at a reasonable price, Nassau blue in/out, roadster, 4 sp, 327/300 (don't want a big block), two tops, my Galaxie would be history.

But, since that ain't about to happen, the Galaxie is my baby.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am a Ford enthusiest, but really like the GM LS engines. The company I work for has roughly 25 Ford trucks and 2-2009 Chevrolet trucks. Both Chevs have the 6.0 LS engines. Both the Chevs get better mileage and both Chevs definitely have more power than the Fords.
Both brands have been very dependable however.

21 - 40 of 119 Posts