Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am Blue Oval, tried and true, through and through. There is absolutely nothing about a Shoveme or Slopar truck that does anything for me. If I wasn't a Ford guy I would go to Slopars. I grew up in a Shoveme neighborhood and don't ever care about owning one. Sorry if I offended anyone, that is just the way I feel.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im about as die hard Ford, for old classic fords then anyone can be. i bleed ford by choice, by family and by preference. my grandpa my father my uncle all die hard ford men. but i was never pressured into it. my dad repects corvettes and my uncle always respected the dodge truck we never discriminated but always stayed true.

growing up hearing the storys of my fathers and uncles 50s fords, mustangs and ford farm trucks. my father had/has a 64 f-100 custom cab show truck. and my uncle a 67 fairlane convertable (my father inherited it) and i a 67 fairlane hard top 500 GTA clone and a, lay it rest in peece 73 ford f-250.

I always loved fords, for the shear (in your face chevy) popularity of the mustang, the simple raraty of a cars made as works of art and how it felt restoring a car that not everybody and there brother has. like a camero, chevell, malibu, impala... ya u get the picture. to be a ford man is to bleed ford respect the classics and to NOT be a :beeeep: like many chevy die hards ive met.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm partial to fords..but open minded....I like corvettes,70 chevelles, 69/70 chargers and road runners.I like the choice of all the engine familys that ford offers, chevy its big block or small block. I find that ford guys are a little more open than chevy people...I don't understand there brand loyalty! Most of them are so asinine...they actually think they will win automatically..just because they have chevy...yep..a ford has never beaten a chevy..just ask them..they will tell you! hahaha

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first car was a 1971 Mach 1 red with a healthy 302, but she didn't stay with me for long some idot crashed into her and destroyed her, very sad.

I have a Ford again a 1966 mustang, 351w, almost ready and I am getting excited.

I am open to all makes and models and have had chevy trucks, chevy cars, and chevy boat engines all my life. Chevy's have their goods and bad. Goods: interchangeability of parts. Bads: Weak rearends and tranys (compaired to Fords)

I like Mopar but most are big sled that look nice but are not as fast as people make them out to be.

Fords are my favorite but I wish they used a better front suspension in the early days of the mustang but what can you do?

I bleed ford blue to the horror of my chevy buddies.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm partial to fords..but open minded....I like corvettes,70 chevelles, 69/70 chargers and road runners.I like the choice of all the engine familys that ford offers, chevy its big block or small block. I find that ford guys are a little more open than chevy people...I don't understand there brand loyalty! Most of them are so asinine...they actually think they will win automatically..just because they have chevy...yep..a ford has never beaten a chevy..just ask them..they will tell you! hahaha
Yeah so true, i mean for example in all the races in the 60s a corvette only beat the ford/shelby Cobra what 2, 3 times? and the Cobra was only running a hipo 289ci most of the time.
*sigh*... oh well there loss i guess :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My deceased father-in-law worked for Ford as did my brother-in-law.

I met my wife through my "destined to be" brother-in-law when we both worked for Ford, (but I'm not going to hold Ford responsible for that one; I blame him).

If anything, it was the Ford discount program for employees that made me a Ford fan, but I just wish that the early 60's Fords weren't so damn rust prone.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Got my first FORD in '66, a '65 Mustang Coupe Red/Black interior 289/4bbl/4speed. Have had at least one FORD in my garage since. Currently have four:
'08 Exployer Sport Trac
'06 Mustang GT
'04 Ranger
'64 Galaxie 500XL
Yep...I Love my FORDS!!!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I like Ford's best, but have had others over the years that I was very happy with. My 1st car was a hand-me-down 1976 Plymouth Valiant from my Grandpa. Cars since then in order have been;
1967 Mustang coupe
1966 Mustang coupe
1968 Mustang coupe
1981 Dodge Colt (cheap car for college transportation to keep from driving the Mustangs in Ohio during the winter)
1993 Volkswagon Passat GLX (overseas tour in Germany)
1998 BMW M3 (loved this car, especially on the autobahn! 140 MPH no problem! Also bought this while in the Army in Germany and it was the first new car I ever bought.
2003 Dodge Durango (couldnt get any Ford dealerships in Ann Arbor or Detroit to return my calls or help us, so used a friend at Dodge to hook us up with a Durango. I wanted my wife to have a 4X4 for the winters in Michigan while I was deployed.
1991 Mercades (back in Germany, so get a German car to ease repairs if needed.)
2005 Volvo S60R
1969 Mustang fastback
Finally, got my dream car in NOV. I'm now the proud owner of a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet car with 4 speed! This is the car I've always wanted since the 1980's when I rode in one and got pinned to the seat when the stop light turned green!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Ford We Trust! newby here, first thing i saw, had too!.. always been an old school fords and muscle cars fan, new to owning one but have had a couple fords
80 bronco
taurus
windstar(haha grocery getting, def reliable,ugly thing.)
2000 f250 (340,000 miles daily driven)
65 fairlane 4door (project F. shall be cool.)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ford products only,NOW!! I have had two chevys[they are what made me switch to [FORD],two Mopars,they were OK,and one brand new POS Honda[could not wait to get rid of it]!I am on my third F series,a F-350,7.3 diesel,dually,4X4,a 65 Comet drag car[owned since 1967],a 65 Comet wagon[under construction],and a 1952 Mercury Monterey waiting it's turn!! I do appreciate a well built American car of any make,but prefer Ford Products!! ROY.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Here's my 2 classics! I also own a 2002 F150 for snow days!

Fords of my past;

1967 Falcon Sports Coupe
1971 Pinto
1967 Econoline Van
1974 Mustang 2
1967 Cougar (Merc)
1983 Mustang GT
1979 F 250
1986 Bronco

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do I bleed Blue. Well my first car was a 73 Grand torino, my Second one was a 71 Mustang coupe. since then i have owned several other fords and mercurys but I am still partial to ford. I currently have a Dodge truck, Chrysler Van, and my son drive a Pontiac. but my recreation car is a 64 1/2 mustang. I may drive others but my heart belongs to ford. Just to update I now have added an 02 mustang to the corral.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My first car was a Mitsubishi. The model was the locally built Magna. Not entirely sure why I bought it, but it died after owning it for not even a year.

Every single car Ive owned after that was a Ford. Either Australian or American built. And every car I will ever own will be a AUS/US Ford.

Thats not to say I havent driven other makes. From GM to Hyundai. But none offer the satisfaction of Henry's finest.

So yes, whilst I will give credit where its due to other makes, Im a brand loyalist & wear my blue coloured glasses proudly.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I forgot my 86 Lincoln markVII! That's a very cool ride!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
i had a 89- was my favorite car prior to the s197 mustangs...we just redid a 90 for my son- donated my poor 89 to the cause as a parts car, he ended up with a real nice car for about 1200 bucks total, including paint and tires! these were some of the nicest highway cruisers ever made- and WAY ahead of its time...first American car with non- sealed beams, 4 whl ABS, aircraft style doors, air suspension, climate control, stock with 6 way power seats, auto lamps, auto dim, keyless entry, heated mirrors, crazy list of standard features... the 1990 stickered at over $30k!!! was the most expensive Lincoln ever when it came out.

he went tonight and bought himself a FORD racing keychain...another generation of Ford fanatics getting started :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I love Fords. My wife drives an 04 Lincoln LS8 Sport, I drive a 2010 Explorer, and there's a 2003 TBird and my 64 Galaxie in my two car garage. My last non Ford was a 62 Impala "beater" that I used for commuting 40 miles one way to work, a long, long time ago.

But, if someone offers me a trade, a Nassau Blue (in and out) 65 Corvette roadster 327/300, 4sp, two tops, for my TBird and Galaxie, I would probably wind up with the Stingray, and not because of the money value of the deal in my favor.

IMHO, the 63/67 Stingray is the best looking car ever to come out of Detroit, and the styling will never grow old.

That is the only car I would ever consider as a replacement for the Bird and Galaxie.

But, since that kind of swap is not about to happen anytime soon, Fords forever.

As far as daily drivers, Ford and nothing else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
K, so i just turned 29 but since 17 it goes as follows-
84 bronco
89 bronco
93 mustang
95 f-250 powerstroke
2006 f-350 powerstroke (current dd)
1966 2 dr fairlane
1967 4 dr fairlane
1969 mustang fastback (new toy)

So i have,currently,and will bleed ford blue until the big guy up stairs calls me home. It's so bad every sunday i have to wear my carl edwards hat and a ford T-shirt while watchin the race otherwise it's just not right to me, hence my user name

41 - 60 of 119 Posts