Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have replaced the upper bearing in a 1967 Galaxie 500 steering column. The metal clip, that holds the gear indicator in place on top of the steering column is broken and I have been searching for a replacement. I have tried all the usual places with no luck. I was hoping someone might have a spare they would sell?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,646 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the other thread asking the same question? If someone has one they will reply, no use for 2 threads asking the same thing.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/gal...lip-holds-gear-indicator-steering-column.html

Yes, I did check the sources you suggested. Thanks for those. But they were unable to help. I ended up being referred to "Stan the Ford Man" by Dearborn Classics. He had one. I put the check in the mail today.

Sorry about the dual posts. I'm getting used to the board. I didn't think all members would see the original post I left, buried in a thread. So I created a single thread to look for the clip.

I appreciate all the help I've been given. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Glad you were able to find it, read your post this weekend and looked and I couldn't find the one from the parts column I have. I had a hard time remembering how that clip went on when I put mine back together.

·
Administrator
21,646 Posts
Glad you found one. Stan is well known in the Ford/Galaxie world. He seems to have everything and didn't even think to suggest him, thought one of the other places would have the clip you needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts