Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother asked me if he could use my car to take a girl out to a school dance in two weeks. Of course I said sure, he is my best friend. This just made me wonder if you guys let anybody else borrow your car? Or even drive it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
There aren't many people that would ask me, but there are just as few that I would let borrow it. There are a couple close friends that I would let use it, but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I let my brother-in-law borrow the Cougar ONCE. He lived 45 minutes away from me and his 72 AMX
died, managed to limp it to my place, and wanted a ride home. I gave him the keys to the Cougar, and he left his, just incase I wanted to work on it, yeah right, AlMostCar.
I took a look at it in the morning, and his alternater was crispy. Went and bought another for him, chased the wiring for problems, and fixed it. He brought my car back after his work, washed, vacuumed and full of gas, and I still charged him for the alternater and labour, what are bro-in-laws for. That was the last time I let him or anyone drive my car, the BIG GRIN on his face when he dropped it off scared the **** out of me. I tossed him his keys and a big dissapointment look erased the grin. Funny actually.
But no, I wont, I've spent to much time and money on it for someone to hit it when someone else is driving, deep inside you would be pissed off at your friend or whoever drove it, even if it wasnt thier fault.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 1/18/02 3:08pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have let a few close friends drive mine, with me in it.
Only once did anyone ever drove it without me in it.
Had to shuttle a buddy home from a party (he was drinking). My girlfriend was driving my car, while I drove my friend in his '67 MGB GT. I was following her the whole way, so it really wasnt a big deal.

I just wanted to drive his car

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I havent let anyone borrow my car for anything. I have let my friend drive it around the block, with me in it. Only person I let drive my car with me not in it was my dad, when he needed it moved for some bricks to be unloaded, and it was way early in the morning and I wasnt about to get up. I just tell him if he wrecks my torino, I get his car
I would never let anyone borrow my car, too much at risk. Things like that could also get between people, what would happen if he borrows your pride and joy, and wrecks it? Some insurance doesnt cover other people driving your car too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can borrow just about anything I own, but DON"T ask to borrow the Torino or Capri. You can drive it with me in it but not alone.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The only person I let use my 67' or my SVO is my Dad. But that's just because Ikeep them at his place in his barn.
Other than him, no one gets behind the wheel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wheew... i cringe at the thougth of seeing my rides bein driven with some other moron grinning behind the wheel! only my dad and my brother have driven my cars and thats how it will stay, itd take a real long term gf to have the honor!

·
Registered
521 Posts
well i quit letting josh use the cougar cuz hes not a clutch person

the maverick i would let anybody borrow... if they can get the thing to start more power to them!! haha... but once the maverick is done.... no no no no

jason

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There was one time I went thru a road block in the Cougar, my lisence expired, but I was driving. Cop ask for my lisence and I said I didnt have one. He made me to get my buddy to drive. He knew better never to ask, he jumped out of the pass. side and RAN around to the dr. side, I didnt even have my seatbelt off.
Anyways, after about 10 minutes I said ok, or had to get it towed home, and let him drive. He's never driven it before, never even sat in the driver seat. The cop wrote me up a ticket, and let us go. My friend actually lit them up when he left, he was used to a bagged out Camaro, and all the cops just stood there with dumb looks. Man was I pissed, told him to go to my place and we'll take his car. Never again.
Only 2 people drove the Cougar and it scared me.

The wife says that she lets me drive her car alot, the Fairlane.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've let my mom drive my car to the store once, because my car was blocking hers, and I was still sleeping, so I handed her the keys. I heard it start up then a slight tire chirp. I guess there is a major difference in my car and her Camry. lol

And once at a party, my brother took the keys from me so he could drive me home.

The only people I would let drive my car are my mom, my step-dad, and my brother. That's it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Drive my car?!? Yeah, right! If something tragic happens, even with insurance, it's not like I can just go out and get another one.

Even my wife won't drive it any more - it used to be hers, but one time (only!) when we were out, it didn't shut off, and she said she would never drive it again in case it happened to her. Good trick, eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eldoon on 1/19/02 8:38am ]</font>

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have only ever let one person drive my '70 mustang. I have let him drive it with me in it, and let him drive it alone. No one else though. Probably never let anyone either.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
My truck gets loaned out to every Tom ****, and Harry that I know that doesn't own a truck. As far as my stang? My son's sat in the seat at the track and steered it while I pushed it (fast rounds), thru the staging lanes. My buddie Dale has driven it from the back of the staging lanes up to tech once or twice for me.Other then that, ONLY ME gets to hammer down on the 418!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There was (is) a friend from the bracket races who let me drive his ride. I've been out of racing for about 10 years, and got the itch again so was hanging around during the friday night test'n'tunes. He volunteered to let me run his car. I used to run 13.5's with a stock Cadillac powered Firebird. His Charger is running mid-12's. He explained the procedure for his car and then let me have at it. He had just run 12.56 @108. I blasted off to a 12.55 at 108. Thanks to his generous spirit I got a nice ride that day.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
You are kidding right??? NO one else drives my car...that way, if anything happens to her it is totally my fault and I don't have to kill anyone! Easy

·
Registered
148 Posts
My best friend and I drive each others cars all the time, even the racecars. My boss has used my truck a couple of times but thats about it. I won't loan my trailer to any one! Even God himself can't use it! Every time I've loaned it out I've got it back all tore up, one guy even had the gonads to cut the fenders off so his piece of junk would fit on it and had the nerve to tell me I was gonna have to fix them so he could use it again!! F%#@$*G MORON!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts