Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I just couldn't see me trying to rebuild my tranny, but thanks for the help everyone offered. Anyway, what about $500 for a rebuild? I really trust this guy. Also, I want it beefed up. Tell me what high performance parts I should put in it. The car has around 430 hp (flywheel) and torque. I want something that will shift hard. I just drive it on the weekend around town (but it's some hard driving!). So is there a particular kit or something? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
862 Posts
Depends on what you're getting for the $500.00. I was quoted $600.00 CDN to fix my C4 that had no second gear. Decided to try myself and all that was needed was replace the band (it was broken). Mind you I then thought I could rebuild my other C4 and now thanks to much help from members here, I will rebuild it again only this time right. So, basically depends on what you're getting for the $500.00.

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
I would go with upgrading the hi/rev clutch used for 3rd gear to 5 or 6 clutches(stock 4).A good kit in the v.b like a stage 2 transgo will give nice firm shifts.The shift kit part# does depend on the year of your trans though.Make sure as part of the rebuild you get new reverse servo piston,new one-way roller clutch springs,kevlar bands,new thrust washers where reqd.Be sure at a minimum to replace the front pump bush and the extension housing bush for the driveshaft .Check up what intermediate servo you have and upgrade if you need during the rebuild.Also be sure to get your convertor reconditioned.A used convertor can fill your fresh trans with junk otherwise..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts