Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching high and low for this info. I read the article here and it really helped out alot. I want to port the heads and run Crane's 2030 or 2031 cam and their springs, 1.6 pedestal mount rockers. I don't want to change to studs. Does anyone have these part numbers (1.90/1.60 valves) and maybe where I could get them? If I can't afford the machine work can I run 1.84/1.54 from the 351 heads in standard length? Thanks a million for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I think they are standard chevy 1.90-1.60 valves you will have to use a longer push rod FMS sells them for 351W heads on 289-302 blocks
Alan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have part #'s that will defenitley work? I don't know enough about setting up the valvetrain.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Im not exactly sure what your looking for the conversion kit numbers or the 190-160 valve part numbers.A lot of shops use the chevy valves 194-160 sizes because they are cheap and will fit but they are slightly shorter and you will have to buy different pushrods to make up the difference, so their go's any money you might have saved on the valves.Iwas just looking in my summit book at the Manley valves but for some reason the particular size you want are .050 longer than stock.I know you can get them in a stock length so keep looking.Maybe in the ford motorsport catalogue? I just moved and I can't find mine but someone out there must have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling Manley. They were really helpful but now I have another dilema--the tip length. The tip length on the Manley valves is .395, GT-40 valves are .383 but I don't know what the tip length is on stock. Tip length is from the top of the valve to the top of the keeper. Is this really important? can I make up for the 0.012 some how or will this adversely affect the valve spring installed height?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts