Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyday ? Say like a true N/A 10sec car ?

Just wondering how many of you I may one day meet here in New Orleans

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
you didnt ask about a true street truck....'83 f100 1000' time 7.75 /133 mph all motor. I sold the engine out of it, so you wont see me at New Orleans anytime soon. Going to put a halfway stock 351 in it to drive everyday.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha Thats Awesome! Your right I should state 10sec Ford vehicle! That kinda spped in a truck would scare the crap outta me!

BTW, what did you run for an exhaust system on that bad boy ?

-PONY1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pony 1,you sure you want to meet up with that red 85 gt at the track?? I hope those Trick Flows with that 408 can handle this little 331 with a little giggle gas!!!If those Canfields can't get me close with the 200 kit than I'm in reel trouble!!! CALL ME,I HAVE YOUR GEARS READY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
IMO it depends on your definition of street car, I just got back from the track running mid 12`s and all I did was drop the air pressure in my BFG`s, no N2O, no slicks, no fancy drag shocks, no super chargers, so with that said that is a bad ass street car.

I am not trampleing anyones ride or achievments, I just consider a street driven car exactly that not a street driven drag car. You folks are pounding the pavement with some way cool rides, and I can only hope to be going that fast in the future, so please dont be offended by my definition, because I am sure I will need your help to get where I want to be.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Its an age old debate that rages on....but it is a matter of opinion...or really just a matter of what YOU can stand/handle on the street
Our mid 11 sec 5.0(on slix) got 23 mpg on the highway with the AC on. Was driven twice to Bowling Green KY(3200 mi round trip). I could drive our current ride anywhere(although in the heat of the summer it would suck). It has seen long road trips also including the round trip to Bowling Green. It has run low 12's on dots with lame 1.8 60 fts. For those of us who live hundreds of miles from the dragstrip...trailers usually are a wise investment

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Also keep in mind if you run on the street especially from a roll, you are eliminating that all important 60ft time. A 12 second car can smoke an 11 second car on the street if you take away that 60ft factor. A car that can MPH will often beat a car that can ET on the street.

Real world, Real street...where it's at!
Hence the reason my old F-350 took a 2000 Ram Air T/A the other day. Got a healthy 460 under the hood, and 4.10s in back, but gettin off the line is about impossible without spinnin. But at say, 35mph+ side by side goin up a freeway onramp..... That girl didnt know what the hell was goin on. But from her view, Farmer John in an extremely beat up Truck left her wonderin if she made the right choice in autos....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2002-04-23 02:48, flynfalcon wrote:
hey pony1,
just curious what kinda of setup are you running motor trans gears. and what does your car weigh.
thanx scott
Its a Eagle 408 stroker w/ TFS"R" heads 10.5/1 comp. , Lunati Steel Roller 248/[email protected] .629/.663 lift, Super victor w/Holley??? 850/950 cfm.

Trans is a DN/Richmond 5 Speed hooked to a Currie 9" N case w/35spline Mark Williams axle's & spool.

Weight was 2850LB w/5.0 in it, should be about 3000lbs now.

I plan on running some sort of Street Radial but I havn't raced in years and I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Can you say "REDLIGHT",, but pulling wheelie's is fun too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PONY1 on 4/25/02 6:01am ]</font>

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2002-04-23 19:04, 331nosgt wrote:
Pony 1,you sure you want to meet up with that red 85 gt at the track?? I hope those Trick Flows with that 408 can handle this little 331 with a little giggle gas!!!If those Canfields can't get me close with the 200 kit than I'm in reel trouble!!! CALL ME,I HAVE YOUR GEARS READY!!!!!!!
No buddy , without a shot of my own I want no part of that Mustang!

Great I'll pick'm up later!

Can you say "REDLIGHT",, but pulling wheelie's is fun too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PONY1 on 4/25/02 1:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
My recipe also calls for pump gas... and that spells n-i-t-r-o-u-s!

Nitrous doesn't really need a lot of compression ratio, so you can build a moderate compression engine that will run on pump gas for the daily chores, then when it's time for some action, replace the pump gas with race fuel and turn the bottle on.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2002-04-24 16:00, n2omike wrote:
My recipe also calls for pump gas... and that spells n-i-t-r-o-u-s!

Nitrous doesn't really need a lot of compression ratio, so you can build a moderate compression engine that will run on pump gas for the daily chores, then when it's time for some action, replace the pump gas with race fuel and turn the bottle on.

Good Luck!
My N-I-R-T-R-O-U-S days we're not all that back then. After drilling out my powershot kit to a 150HP shot all I did was go POW - POW - POW and break a main cap. 331nosgt can attest to this. This time it would stay a "BOLT-ON" kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea buddy,you sure did have a problem with your nos back in the days!!That's fine,you run your 408 and I'll be there everytime to give you a hand and I'll run my 331nos and we will both learn things when me and you go back to the track and start racing again.What we BOTH want are some strong 10 second cars at 125 plus and I know it won't be a problem with either of us because we put our money where it counts,in the heads and intake!!LET'S GO AND HAVE FUN NOW!!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Now you two go out and eat some LS1 Vetts for lunch and take a few LS1 Camaros/Firebirds out along they way. "Here Chebby Chebby Chebby"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Even though it's not a Ford, I always like to enter Art Arfons' Green Monster as the most killer street machine I ever saw. ~3000 hp Rolls Royce Merlin, dualie rear end, rear engine, and everything. Did over 200mph. He used to drive it around Toledo all the time in the '60's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts