Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember the slicks that were sold in the 70's or 80's that had the humorous text on the side walls?

Torque Twisten, Tire Smoken, Axle Bustin etc.

If I could get a picture, that would make a great avatar.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
I don't even remember them but i wasn't around too many cars with slicks. The local gas station guy who circle raced was the only place i would of seen them enough to notice at least. Never paid attention to tires at the races. I'll help with some searches though.

There is a thread about slicks on the forum below, you might check it out and add to it. Didn't see what you are talking about but might be the place to ask.
http://www.colesy-juniorstockforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192&sid=12441e855bff71a0cc2a3e80475407bc&start=10

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Not what you are looking for but i like em
Don Garlits Museum pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Flexicoker/Garlits Museum/IMG_4719.jpg

Marsh, casler & M&H from reading the one forum seems to have been around since the start, maybe one of those? The flag tire is a Marsh

I kinda wonder if it wasn't a trend that they painted the logos on themselves? Hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yup!! Thats it, same set I have. The wording on those hides didnt lie either, they would hook like a mother! Forgot they were labeled Gold Digger though lol

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
When i was searching around and found the Marsh i kinda thought if they put flags as tread it sure seemed likely they would do the sidewall stuff too. The forum thread i was reading some hated even the tread and some loved it. I wish they had street tires like that today! Sure beat spinning or LED msg hubcaps and that stuff imo!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts