Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Does the '99-04 stangs have a "master relay"

901 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bassman97 
#1 ·
Last week I posted about my '00 mustang randomly not starting sometimes and then working fine after a little bit. Now, it doesnt start at all(cranks but no start). I can hear the fuel pump prime and I checked the battery and posts and they are all tight and clean.

Before, when I started the car, I could hear what sounded like a relay kicking on and then the fuel pump would prime. Now, the fuel pump still primes but I don't hear that "click" of a relay kicking on before it primes.

Is there a master relay under the dash or hood that controls the coil or something? I swear I heard a relay clicking before but not now.

I know the CKP sensor will cause a "no start" situation and I thought it was that but now I can tell if the car will start or not as soon as I turn the key to the "on" position, so it can't be that.
Is there a main relay that I can check somewhere?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well now it decided to start again after not starting for 2 days. The odd thing is that is only after it's turned off that it sometimes won't start again. I can drive it all day long and it won't just shut off while driving. Could that still be a sign of the fuel pump starting to fail? I'm assuming that if it IS the fuel pump going bad it's safe to assume that eventually it won't ever start again?
What should the fuel pressure be at.....35-40?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.