Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy is trying to sell this to me as being a 1970 429CJ, the 1970 I believe, but I thought the '70s came with a (god forbid) Q-jet. SCJ maybe, it has the holley bolt pattern. Any help on this would be appricated.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Depends on if you're worried about the date code. The CJ intake usually is a $75 intake at best, I see them all the time for $50. The SCJ is about $100 because there were a lot of them put on boats. Can be as much as $150. I'd only use one for a resto if it was me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36474&item=2449717379
This on isn't mine. I think $100 is about all this one is worth. Hope this helps

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was gonna use it for a street motor, not a restroration or anything. I can get it for 25 bucks, hell I might give that for it and put it on ebay! Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
It's a really good intake. I've got one on my SCJ & have used them on several other engines. You'd be suprised how well they work! They ain't light though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I get one of those Intakes manifolds for my 460 Ford Marine Engine?
Casting number DOOE-9425-C with the Ford Logo also in the casting. Other # are 7H2 and in a embossed circle is 1875 and 120R (?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts