Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fighting my door gaps for 3 years and finally my buddy does it in 10 minutes! Also new floor patches and Global West subframe connectors. The connectors fit OK, but as with anything we had to cut to fit. Car seems way more solid. We made the patches as opposed to buying replacement sheet metal. Quicker. Rolled a few beads and no more "popping". (floor had a cheesy repair that was part of an old Chev hood that was just seam sealed in not welded, and the concave was up, so it popped every time I got in)

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice work on the sheet metal! :tup: Some guys are really good at door/panel gaps. That green color rocks! Looking GREAT!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I might be mistaken but I believe the Global West connectors are made for the 64/65 coupe so maybe that's the problem. Since I don't weld I had a local car fab guy weld mine in. He actually flipped then side to side (left side to right, etc) and going in that way they actually can be welded to the body about 1/3 rd the way down the tube giving them even better attachment to the cars body and frames.

I'm not sure if you can see what I mean in these photos but I just thought I'd throw them in.

John

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be mistaken but I believe the Global West connectors are made for the 64/65 coupe so maybe that's the problem. Since I don't weld I had a local car fab guy weld mine in. He actually flipped then side to side (left side to right, etc) and going in that way they actually can be welded to the body about 1/3 rd the way down the tube giving them even better attachment to the cars body and frames.

I'm not sure if you can see what I mean in these photos but I just thought I'd throw them in.

John
I see what youy mean. Mine ended up a lot closer to the floor boards. Too late now. All welded in. Nice car by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts